Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering Gods grace in its various forms.

1 Peter 4:9-10

Friday, February 15, 2008

Sick Puppies

Whew...we've all been sick puppies around here this week. I've been fighting the flu bug I caught from somewhere and now LD has it. He hasn't been sick other than a few runny noses so we had our first night of the toddler flu last night. He started the night off with tossing up his supper and refusing all liquids and medicine droppers. I finally managed to get him to drink a little and get a little medicine into him. He was so hot and we were so worried. We put him to bed and ended up waking up with him several times and I ended up snuggling him up in our chair. He developed a horrible phlemgy cough but the good news is the fever broke this morning. I called the Dr this morning to ask what else I should do and what I should watch for and she said I was doing the right thing! (Wow...who da thunk???) Anyway, he drank a little of his milk then had two cups of watered down juice and a piece of toast - yahoo! I'm getting ready to fix him something for lunch and I hope he's ready to eat. He's been a little perkier the last hour or so. In the meantime, I'm doped up on OTC cold meds trying to beat this thing...oh, if only I could breathe from my nose!

I managed to finish the Noro Purse and also started and finished an eyeglass case. I just need to get a wooden button for it and then it's done, too. I decided to join a dishcloth of the week group on Ravelry and have started the "Be My Dishcloth" pattern. It's fun! I don't know if I'll be able to keep up with all the patterns because of my current felting obsession! I've got a good 3" done on it though! The worst part was the first K1, P1 row after casting on. I always cast on too tight and have to fight the yarn on the first row. Here's a peek at the purse and eyeglass case:


My next purse will be using two strands of Cascade 220 in a lovely aqua green color. I'm not sure if I'm going to use the same purse pattern or if I'll try a different one. I also have 4 skeins of Patons SWS in Natural Geranium that I would like to use for a purse. It's a really beautiful colorway. I'm going to try to finish the dishcloth first before I cast on for a purse. That's the plan, anyway! I also have a skein of Lion Brank Wool-Ease Thick & Quick to knit up a roll brim hat for my wonderful hubby. I'd like to have it finished in the next couple of weeks so he can wear it!

So much yarn and so little time!

Well, I must be off...it's lunch time for LD and I'm curious to see what his appetite will be.

Ciao and Happy Knitting!


"if you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books on Tap for 2011

  • Knit Together - Debbie Macomber
  • Captured by Grace - Dr. David Jeremiah
  • Murder Most Foul - A Collection of Great Crime Stories
  • Fireproof - Eric Wilson
  • There's Something About Christmas - Debbie Macomber
  • Questioning Evangelism - Randy Newman
  • Murder Uncorked - Michele Scott
  • A Sacred Sorrow - Michael Card
  • Prayer: Does it Make any Difference? - Philip Yancey
  • Get Out of That Pit - Beth Moore

Books Read in 2011

  • What a Sista Should Do - Tiffany L. Warren
  • 90 Minutes in Heaven - Don Piper
  • Forgotten God - Francis Chan
  • The Purpose Driven Life - Rick Warren
  • Dead Reckoning - Charlaine Harris
  • Shadowfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Chill Factor - Sandra Brown
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Wednesday Sisters - Meg Waite Clayton
  • Stealing Home - Sherryl Woods
  • Bound for Murder - Laura Childs
  • Bloodfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Faefever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Darkfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Under Her Skin - Susan Mallery
  • The Red Pyramid - Rick Riordan
  • No Wonder They Call Him Saviour - Max Lucado
  • I Still Dream About You - Fannie Flagg
  • I Am Number Four - Pittacus Lore
  • The Last Olympian - Rick Riordan
  • Spider Bones - Kathy Reichs
  • A Thread So Thin - Marie Bostwick
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth - Rick Riordan
  • The Search - Nora Roberts
  • The Titan's Curse - Rick Riordan
  • Wicked Appetite - Janet Evanovich
  • The Sea of Monsters - Rick Riordan
  • Awakened - PC & Kristen Cast
  • The Lightning Thief - Rick Riordan
  • Photo Finished - Larua Childs
  • Keepsake Crimes - Laura Childs
  • Sizzling Sixteen - Janet Evanovich
  • The Icing on the Cupcake - Jennifer Ross
  • Fleece Navidad - Maggie Sefton
  • Dyer Consequences - Maggie Sefton
  • The Darling Dahlias and the Cucumber Tree - Susan Wittig Albert
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning

Books Read in 2010

  • The Yada Yado Prayer Group - Netta Jackson
  • Silver Borne - Patricia Briggs
  • The Hole in Our Gospel - Richard Stearns
  • A Winter Marriage - Kerry Hardie
  • So Long, Insecurity - Beth Moore
  • Knit the Season - Kate Jacobs
  • Dead and Berried - Karen MacInerney
  • Murder on the Rocks - Karen MacInerney
  • where do i go - Netta Jackson
  • be sweet - diane hunt
  • The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown
  • Raven - Allison Van Deipen
  • Push (Precious) - sapphire
  • Faces of the Gone - Brad Parks
  • The Lace Reader - Brunonia Barry
  • Burning Lamp - Amanda Quick
  • Fired Up - Jayne Ann Krentz
  • The School of Essential Ingredients - Erica Bauermeister
  • Matters Arising - Sarah Harrison
  • The Sheen on the Silk - Anne Perry
  • I Saw the Lord - Anne Graham Lotz
  • The Dangerous Protector - Janet Chapman
  • The Seduction of His Wife - Janet Chapman
  • Re-reading all the Tintin graphic novels - Herge
  • The Sugar Queen - Sarah Addison Allen
  • the last time i saw you - Elizabeth Berg
  • Garden Spells - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Wild Ride - Jennifer Crusie & Bob Mayer
  • Dead in the Family - Charlaine Harris
  • The Girl Who Chased the Moon - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Grave Secret - Charlaine Harris
  • Crawl Space - Sarah Graves
  • The Honey Thief - Elizabeth Graver
  • The Otherworldlies - Jennifer Anne Kogler
  • Saving CeeCee Honeycutt - Beth Hoffman
  • A Face at the Window - Sarah Graves
  • Draycott Eternal - Christina Skye
  • Shelter Mountain - Robin Carr
  • Virgin River - Robyn Carr
  • Death by Cashmere - Sally Goldenbaum
  • An Ice Cold Grave - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Surprise - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Sight - Charlaine Harris