Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering Gods grace in its various forms.

1 Peter 4:9-10

Friday, March 28, 2008

Bye Bye Beatrice

Finally it's a done deal. We had such a hard time getting this new car. First of all the financing is crazy because I don't work full time and hubby's had to file bankruptcy last year. So even though my credit is good, I don't make enough money on my own to afford the car. I have to have hubby co-sign but because his credit is crappy it brings both of us down. Anyway, our new lovely is sitting in the garage right now waiting for us to personalize her and drive her! She's a beauty! Now I just need find a suitable name for her. She drives like a dream!

Work has been so odd lately. Apparently I've been inducted into the "in" crowd at night. They call me their "Golden Child." Yuck...how humiliating. It's nice and all that they like me ("you really really like me" - Sally Field) but I don't know how I feel about all this. The drama is unreal. My young friend with cancer is dying faster than anyone expected. She was given five years but now is expected to live only a year. Yet she still comes into work as sassy and vibrant as she always has. I don't know how she does it. She's also one of the troublemakers. So while I love her I still think she's way over the top at work. She wouldn't agree with me saying she's Trouble...but that's how I see her - Trouble with a capital T! At times I'm afraid that all their shenanigans will rub off on me somehow - you know, guilt by association. At the same time, I know how hard I work there. The managers all seem pleased with me and the Assist Mgr is always happy when I get the chance to work with her. I like the job, oddly enough. I have no responsibility other than to work my shift. So when I punch out, I'm gone. No work needs to come home with me. Sometimes I have to remind myself that even though most of them are legally adults (some in their 20's), I'm still about 14 yrs older than the majority. That means when I was in high school they were still crawling around on the floor. It's nice to be liked and included in the night shift's clique but I also have to remember the age differences and life-style differences. On an upnote, my young friend wants me to knit her a heart in a bright pink so she can carry it with her.

So this is what is currently on my needles: a mostly done pink Lopi heart knit on size 10.5's that will be felted and given away, a barely started sock on size 2's that hopefully will be for myself, and a granny square dishcloth on hook I that I have to keep ripping out because I'm confused on how much to ch and dc and sc and how many times in each hole. I'm also planning on knitting a french girl fantine for my sister's birthday. But I need to run the cost of the yarn by hubby. It's Rowan Big Wool for about $14.50 a ball and I need 4 balls.

LD is doing great. We had a rough time at the dealership with him. When we went to sign the papers they were too busy for us even though we told them what time we were coming in. So we had to wait with a rambunctious 21 mo old for over 2 hours for them to do what they needed to do. Poor guy. He had the biggest meltdown I've ever seen and I don't blame him one bit. I reamed out our sales guy later that day about the whole process. And today when I went in to sign the rest of the corrected paperwork I was offered an apology by the office manager.

Tomorrow we're off to our BF's son's birthday party. He's six and hubby is supposed to be getting him something totally cool. It's a themed party - Red Sox - so we've been asked to wear our gear. Unfortunately, LD has grown out of all his BoSox stuff and I didn't have any to start with. We'll try to wear some red and white in support! Oh, I do have my red socks and so does LD!!!

Oh, for a night out on the town and several very stiff drinks. Riiiiggggghhhhhtttt!

Off for a quick nap before LD wakes and my night shift starts. Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books on Tap for 2011

  • Knit Together - Debbie Macomber
  • Captured by Grace - Dr. David Jeremiah
  • Murder Most Foul - A Collection of Great Crime Stories
  • Fireproof - Eric Wilson
  • There's Something About Christmas - Debbie Macomber
  • Questioning Evangelism - Randy Newman
  • Murder Uncorked - Michele Scott
  • A Sacred Sorrow - Michael Card
  • Prayer: Does it Make any Difference? - Philip Yancey
  • Get Out of That Pit - Beth Moore

Books Read in 2011

  • What a Sista Should Do - Tiffany L. Warren
  • 90 Minutes in Heaven - Don Piper
  • Forgotten God - Francis Chan
  • The Purpose Driven Life - Rick Warren
  • Dead Reckoning - Charlaine Harris
  • Shadowfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Chill Factor - Sandra Brown
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Wednesday Sisters - Meg Waite Clayton
  • Stealing Home - Sherryl Woods
  • Bound for Murder - Laura Childs
  • Bloodfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Faefever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Darkfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Under Her Skin - Susan Mallery
  • The Red Pyramid - Rick Riordan
  • No Wonder They Call Him Saviour - Max Lucado
  • I Still Dream About You - Fannie Flagg
  • I Am Number Four - Pittacus Lore
  • The Last Olympian - Rick Riordan
  • Spider Bones - Kathy Reichs
  • A Thread So Thin - Marie Bostwick
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth - Rick Riordan
  • The Search - Nora Roberts
  • The Titan's Curse - Rick Riordan
  • Wicked Appetite - Janet Evanovich
  • The Sea of Monsters - Rick Riordan
  • Awakened - PC & Kristen Cast
  • The Lightning Thief - Rick Riordan
  • Photo Finished - Larua Childs
  • Keepsake Crimes - Laura Childs
  • Sizzling Sixteen - Janet Evanovich
  • The Icing on the Cupcake - Jennifer Ross
  • Fleece Navidad - Maggie Sefton
  • Dyer Consequences - Maggie Sefton
  • The Darling Dahlias and the Cucumber Tree - Susan Wittig Albert
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning

Books Read in 2010

  • The Yada Yado Prayer Group - Netta Jackson
  • Silver Borne - Patricia Briggs
  • The Hole in Our Gospel - Richard Stearns
  • A Winter Marriage - Kerry Hardie
  • So Long, Insecurity - Beth Moore
  • Knit the Season - Kate Jacobs
  • Dead and Berried - Karen MacInerney
  • Murder on the Rocks - Karen MacInerney
  • where do i go - Netta Jackson
  • be sweet - diane hunt
  • The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown
  • Raven - Allison Van Deipen
  • Push (Precious) - sapphire
  • Faces of the Gone - Brad Parks
  • The Lace Reader - Brunonia Barry
  • Burning Lamp - Amanda Quick
  • Fired Up - Jayne Ann Krentz
  • The School of Essential Ingredients - Erica Bauermeister
  • Matters Arising - Sarah Harrison
  • The Sheen on the Silk - Anne Perry
  • I Saw the Lord - Anne Graham Lotz
  • The Dangerous Protector - Janet Chapman
  • The Seduction of His Wife - Janet Chapman
  • Re-reading all the Tintin graphic novels - Herge
  • The Sugar Queen - Sarah Addison Allen
  • the last time i saw you - Elizabeth Berg
  • Garden Spells - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Wild Ride - Jennifer Crusie & Bob Mayer
  • Dead in the Family - Charlaine Harris
  • The Girl Who Chased the Moon - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Grave Secret - Charlaine Harris
  • Crawl Space - Sarah Graves
  • The Honey Thief - Elizabeth Graver
  • The Otherworldlies - Jennifer Anne Kogler
  • Saving CeeCee Honeycutt - Beth Hoffman
  • A Face at the Window - Sarah Graves
  • Draycott Eternal - Christina Skye
  • Shelter Mountain - Robin Carr
  • Virgin River - Robyn Carr
  • Death by Cashmere - Sally Goldenbaum
  • An Ice Cold Grave - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Surprise - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Sight - Charlaine Harris