Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering Gods grace in its various forms.

1 Peter 4:9-10

Monday, August 17, 2009

Lazy Days of Summer

I can't believe I haven't posted anything in over a month! What's going on with me!! Well, I can tell you that facebook has it's hooks in me and is what takes up a lot of my time. Those stupid farming games!! LOL! Like I don't have a real garden of my own to tend to...do I really need several virtual farms? It's all good, though. I've reconnected with a lot of people I haven't seen in nearly 20 yrs and my mom's group is on there so we have a place to discuss meetups and playdates. Also, if I want to find any one of my girlfriends I can just check their most recent post! It's a great way to stay connected but to tell you the truth, I really miss my blog. I'm hoping with colder weather coming in a few months I'll have more desire to sit inside and type away!

Quick updates, my wild man turned 3 in July and he's growing like a weed! He's been so much fun this summer. He's already getting too big for his tricycle and I have to think about adjusting his seat! We got him a swing set and he's been loving that - especially the slide and trampoline! He's been swimming at the lake, the beach and the pool this year and I think he definitely prefers the beach. So much more for him to do there. What a joy he's been! Oh, we've also had our challenges. He's into the "opposite" stage right now. Whatever I say to him, he says the opposite! I'm sure you moms know EXACTLY what that's like! LOL! Needless to say, I have a lot more grays popping up every day!

I haven't knit a blessed think in about two months. I haven't even touched my crochet project, the hexie blanket, in almost as long. I guess the summer weather got to me. That and the fact that I've been reading like a fiend! I'm getting the urge back to knit again and I'm hoping to have a pair of socks done for my hubby by Christmas. I'm also hoping to have the hexie done by then. I think I'll need to order another skein of each color in order to complete the size I want which is somewhere between lapghan and twin sized. I have a lace scarf I'm anxious to try out that will fit nicely in a portable tote. I have a lot of clean up work to do in my stash area. I also need to clean up our office - yuck! It's all in the same room, I just need to clean out and reorganize EVERYTHING!

I've got the wild man signed up for a once a week preschool. So we'll see how that goes. I feel like I'm not able to challenge him enough so I'm hoping this curriculum will help me generate some good ideas!

I'll have to start posting pictures again...we've had so much activity this summer! I'm sure you'll enjoy seeing what we've been up to!

Enjoy the rest of the summer! It's fair time soon - can't wait! It means that fall is just around the corner!

Stay safe and happy knitting!

XXXXXXXXXX
OOOOOOOOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books on Tap for 2011

  • Knit Together - Debbie Macomber
  • Captured by Grace - Dr. David Jeremiah
  • Murder Most Foul - A Collection of Great Crime Stories
  • Fireproof - Eric Wilson
  • There's Something About Christmas - Debbie Macomber
  • Questioning Evangelism - Randy Newman
  • Murder Uncorked - Michele Scott
  • A Sacred Sorrow - Michael Card
  • Prayer: Does it Make any Difference? - Philip Yancey
  • Get Out of That Pit - Beth Moore

Books Read in 2011

  • What a Sista Should Do - Tiffany L. Warren
  • 90 Minutes in Heaven - Don Piper
  • Forgotten God - Francis Chan
  • The Purpose Driven Life - Rick Warren
  • Dead Reckoning - Charlaine Harris
  • Shadowfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Chill Factor - Sandra Brown
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Wednesday Sisters - Meg Waite Clayton
  • Stealing Home - Sherryl Woods
  • Bound for Murder - Laura Childs
  • Bloodfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Faefever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Darkfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Under Her Skin - Susan Mallery
  • The Red Pyramid - Rick Riordan
  • No Wonder They Call Him Saviour - Max Lucado
  • I Still Dream About You - Fannie Flagg
  • I Am Number Four - Pittacus Lore
  • The Last Olympian - Rick Riordan
  • Spider Bones - Kathy Reichs
  • A Thread So Thin - Marie Bostwick
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth - Rick Riordan
  • The Search - Nora Roberts
  • The Titan's Curse - Rick Riordan
  • Wicked Appetite - Janet Evanovich
  • The Sea of Monsters - Rick Riordan
  • Awakened - PC & Kristen Cast
  • The Lightning Thief - Rick Riordan
  • Photo Finished - Larua Childs
  • Keepsake Crimes - Laura Childs
  • Sizzling Sixteen - Janet Evanovich
  • The Icing on the Cupcake - Jennifer Ross
  • Fleece Navidad - Maggie Sefton
  • Dyer Consequences - Maggie Sefton
  • The Darling Dahlias and the Cucumber Tree - Susan Wittig Albert
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning

Books Read in 2010

  • The Yada Yado Prayer Group - Netta Jackson
  • Silver Borne - Patricia Briggs
  • The Hole in Our Gospel - Richard Stearns
  • A Winter Marriage - Kerry Hardie
  • So Long, Insecurity - Beth Moore
  • Knit the Season - Kate Jacobs
  • Dead and Berried - Karen MacInerney
  • Murder on the Rocks - Karen MacInerney
  • where do i go - Netta Jackson
  • be sweet - diane hunt
  • The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown
  • Raven - Allison Van Deipen
  • Push (Precious) - sapphire
  • Faces of the Gone - Brad Parks
  • The Lace Reader - Brunonia Barry
  • Burning Lamp - Amanda Quick
  • Fired Up - Jayne Ann Krentz
  • The School of Essential Ingredients - Erica Bauermeister
  • Matters Arising - Sarah Harrison
  • The Sheen on the Silk - Anne Perry
  • I Saw the Lord - Anne Graham Lotz
  • The Dangerous Protector - Janet Chapman
  • The Seduction of His Wife - Janet Chapman
  • Re-reading all the Tintin graphic novels - Herge
  • The Sugar Queen - Sarah Addison Allen
  • the last time i saw you - Elizabeth Berg
  • Garden Spells - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Wild Ride - Jennifer Crusie & Bob Mayer
  • Dead in the Family - Charlaine Harris
  • The Girl Who Chased the Moon - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Grave Secret - Charlaine Harris
  • Crawl Space - Sarah Graves
  • The Honey Thief - Elizabeth Graver
  • The Otherworldlies - Jennifer Anne Kogler
  • Saving CeeCee Honeycutt - Beth Hoffman
  • A Face at the Window - Sarah Graves
  • Draycott Eternal - Christina Skye
  • Shelter Mountain - Robin Carr
  • Virgin River - Robyn Carr
  • Death by Cashmere - Sally Goldenbaum
  • An Ice Cold Grave - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Surprise - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Sight - Charlaine Harris