Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering Gods grace in its various forms.

1 Peter 4:9-10

Thursday, March 18, 2010

What I've been up to lately...Starting with our Trip to Florida in January!

Wild Man at Ft De Soto beach.  We had a memorial service for my FIL at the end of the pier in the background.  Absolutely brilliant day except for the cold temps and vicious wind.  We still managed to collect bags and bags of gorgeous shells.  The weather was so cold the water temps had dropped disastrously and we saw many frozen dead fish on the shore.  Such a sad sight to see.

 Memere and Wild Man walking the trail at Hillsborough River State Park.  Still cold but warming up so we were half in shorts and half in coats!  A truly lovely walk in the woods.

 Memere and the Wild Man enjoying the park next to my SIL's housing community.  We had so much fun that day!  Played in the park for hours then family watched the Wild Man so Hubby and I could go enjoy a movie that evening.  We saw Avatar and were B L O W N away!  Best movie effects we've ever seen!  And the story was good, too!

 Auntie P, cousin B and the Wild Man riding the Serengeti Express at Busch Gardens.  We went there 3 times in the two weeks we visited Tampa.  Awesome place!  We had so much fun!  Each night the kids just dropped into bed and were out like lights :)

 Cousin B in a hippo at Busch Gardens :)

Wild Man riding the Ybor City trolley down to Channelside to the Florida Aquarium.  He LOVED this trolley ride so much!  He thought it was the best thing ever especially when they let him blow the horn and ring the bell!

Sitting with his favorite "Graham Cracker" Auntie S on our last night in FL.

We were truly blessed to be able to go. The Wild Man was well behaved the whole time - even while he was suffering from a really bad head cold and had a terrible cough.  He still had more energy than most of us combined!  The trip was so much fun we are hoping to do it again next January.  

On the knitting front, I've been knitting hats like mad!  I'm on my 8th knitted hat and I'm working on my 3rd crocheted baby hat.  I'm hoping to be able to donate them but Hubby thinks they are so nice we should sell them!  LOL!  I'm still all for donating them :)  I'm almost done with Hubby's sweater that should have been done 2 Christmas' ago!  I only have 2/3rd's of a sleeve left - whew!  I have my Hexie Afghan to finish up but there needs to be a purchase of more yarn in order to complete it.  In addition, I have a one lone sock waiting to be finished and it's mate, an entrelac scarf that is hibernating until I can get with someone who has entrelac experience, and several other projects on the project list.  2 more cloche style hats to be knit up with Silky Malabrigo in Spring Water green and K'acha Merino, Alpaca and Silk in gold and burgandy.  I also have a GORGEOUS pattern (yarn bought already) from Noni called Cherry Blossom Bags to knit and felt.  Ahhh...all the lovely yarnie projects have me so excited to be knitting again!
One of my girlfriends has introduced me to the pleasures of beading.  I've been spending my yarn allowance on some beautiful glass beads but I'm waffling now...I just don't think I'd rather bead than knit.  It's an expensive hobby and you need quite a few beads to make any kind of decent bracelet.  If I thought I could make a few extra dollars doing it then maybe I'd consider it.  I'm just not sold on the idea of beading yet.  At least knitting doesn't hurt my back and I don't feel as blind as I do when I'm trying to peer at my beads!  LOL! Think I'll need to invest in one of those magnifying lamps if I continue beading!
I'm not reading as much as I'd like to and that makes me rather sad.  I had a HUGE list of books I read last year and I'm afraid this year the content will be much slimmer.  I'm spending a lot of time with my Bible study and that takes up some time if I'm willing to do it right.  I'm determined that if I'm to spend the $$ on the materials and the time each week to go then I'm going to make the effort to complete the related homework and really try to be serious about it.  We're in the latter weeks of Beth Moore's Believing God series which is phenomenal and exciting.  Her passion for the Word is inspiring!  After this series ends we'll be doing one by Anne Graham Lotz called I Saw the Lord.  I'm very interested in hearing her message and reading her book.  I think variety in your Biblical teachers is necessary.  I don't want to only learn from one teacher, even as dynamic as she is (BM).  I believe we tend to idolize those who impact in some important ways and it's absolutely necessary to mix it up and hear from different teachers.  I'd also like for us to consider doing a series by a man, maybe someone like Andy Stanley who did a sermon series for our church's Starting Point study.  In any case, I can certainly thank the Lord for pushing me to this Woman's Wed morning study.  I can also thank Him for providing such an enthusiastic teacher in the form of Beth Moore - she reawakened my desire to learn more and try to read and understand the Word in ways I never would have.  Quite frankly I'd had no interest in God or the Bible for more than 20 yrs and I can thank God and praise Him for leading me to a place that has allowed me to feel comfortable and loved and OPEN to learning His Word.  I certainly don't understand it all but I'm leaning to take joy in it and apply its principles to my life.  I believe my life is much richer for it.  I'm on some shaky ground now but as I walk with the Lord I feel the trembles ceasing the further I go.  Amen!

Ok, I think we've covered most of what's been going on lately!  I've been so bummed I haven't been able to post anything in a while due to some computer bugs.  I believe I have properly exterminated them and will be able to post more often and with more photos!  Took some great ones today of the Wild Man at Chuck E Cheese's!  Can't wait to resize and share with you soon!

Stay safe, enjoy the warming weather and happy knitting!

Blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Books on Tap for 2011

  • Knit Together - Debbie Macomber
  • Captured by Grace - Dr. David Jeremiah
  • Murder Most Foul - A Collection of Great Crime Stories
  • Fireproof - Eric Wilson
  • There's Something About Christmas - Debbie Macomber
  • Questioning Evangelism - Randy Newman
  • Murder Uncorked - Michele Scott
  • A Sacred Sorrow - Michael Card
  • Prayer: Does it Make any Difference? - Philip Yancey
  • Get Out of That Pit - Beth Moore

Books Read in 2011

  • What a Sista Should Do - Tiffany L. Warren
  • 90 Minutes in Heaven - Don Piper
  • Forgotten God - Francis Chan
  • The Purpose Driven Life - Rick Warren
  • Dead Reckoning - Charlaine Harris
  • Shadowfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Chill Factor - Sandra Brown
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Wednesday Sisters - Meg Waite Clayton
  • Stealing Home - Sherryl Woods
  • Bound for Murder - Laura Childs
  • Bloodfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Faefever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Darkfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Under Her Skin - Susan Mallery
  • The Red Pyramid - Rick Riordan
  • No Wonder They Call Him Saviour - Max Lucado
  • I Still Dream About You - Fannie Flagg
  • I Am Number Four - Pittacus Lore
  • The Last Olympian - Rick Riordan
  • Spider Bones - Kathy Reichs
  • A Thread So Thin - Marie Bostwick
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth - Rick Riordan
  • The Search - Nora Roberts
  • The Titan's Curse - Rick Riordan
  • Wicked Appetite - Janet Evanovich
  • The Sea of Monsters - Rick Riordan
  • Awakened - PC & Kristen Cast
  • The Lightning Thief - Rick Riordan
  • Photo Finished - Larua Childs
  • Keepsake Crimes - Laura Childs
  • Sizzling Sixteen - Janet Evanovich
  • The Icing on the Cupcake - Jennifer Ross
  • Fleece Navidad - Maggie Sefton
  • Dyer Consequences - Maggie Sefton
  • The Darling Dahlias and the Cucumber Tree - Susan Wittig Albert
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning

Books Read in 2010

  • The Yada Yado Prayer Group - Netta Jackson
  • Silver Borne - Patricia Briggs
  • The Hole in Our Gospel - Richard Stearns
  • A Winter Marriage - Kerry Hardie
  • So Long, Insecurity - Beth Moore
  • Knit the Season - Kate Jacobs
  • Dead and Berried - Karen MacInerney
  • Murder on the Rocks - Karen MacInerney
  • where do i go - Netta Jackson
  • be sweet - diane hunt
  • The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown
  • Raven - Allison Van Deipen
  • Push (Precious) - sapphire
  • Faces of the Gone - Brad Parks
  • The Lace Reader - Brunonia Barry
  • Burning Lamp - Amanda Quick
  • Fired Up - Jayne Ann Krentz
  • The School of Essential Ingredients - Erica Bauermeister
  • Matters Arising - Sarah Harrison
  • The Sheen on the Silk - Anne Perry
  • I Saw the Lord - Anne Graham Lotz
  • The Dangerous Protector - Janet Chapman
  • The Seduction of His Wife - Janet Chapman
  • Re-reading all the Tintin graphic novels - Herge
  • The Sugar Queen - Sarah Addison Allen
  • the last time i saw you - Elizabeth Berg
  • Garden Spells - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Wild Ride - Jennifer Crusie & Bob Mayer
  • Dead in the Family - Charlaine Harris
  • The Girl Who Chased the Moon - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Grave Secret - Charlaine Harris
  • Crawl Space - Sarah Graves
  • The Honey Thief - Elizabeth Graver
  • The Otherworldlies - Jennifer Anne Kogler
  • Saving CeeCee Honeycutt - Beth Hoffman
  • A Face at the Window - Sarah Graves
  • Draycott Eternal - Christina Skye
  • Shelter Mountain - Robin Carr
  • Virgin River - Robyn Carr
  • Death by Cashmere - Sally Goldenbaum
  • An Ice Cold Grave - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Surprise - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Sight - Charlaine Harris