Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering Gods grace in its various forms.

1 Peter 4:9-10

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Terrible Twos?

Here's what I think...so far, anyway. LD is starting to be afraid of everything that makes a loud noise. He has a temper tantrum if he doesn't get his way and he tantrums sometimes if he does. So I think he's in the terrible two stage, or at least dipping his little feet in! When does the fear stop? I run the vacuum, or start the mower, or a loud motorcycle goes by the house and he is nearly beside himself, quaking with fear. This morning I noticed it with the vacuum cleaner. Before he was curious and wanted to help me push it around, but today, he was a melting puddle of fear in the corner of the living room, shaking and screaming. Heaven forbid I even think about trying to cut his hair. Scissors are a "no, no" and if I even think about using the electric clippers he freaks out. (This child is in desperate need of a haircut). Would it be too mean for me to just stick him in his highchair and buzz away for the minute it takes to cut his hair and for it to be over and done with for the next 4-6 months? He'll cry and scream and upset all of us but he'll forget about it after 10 or 20 minutes. I just don't know the boundary line on this one. I worry all the time that I'm not being sensitive enough to his feelings. The problem is his size. He looks like he should be 3 or 3 1/2 yrs old and know better. BUT, and yes that was a big BUT, he's not. He's not even 2 yet. He's is usually such a good boy. I hope his fear stage is short and he doesn't cringe at loud noises anymore. I know he'd love to ride on the tractor. He sits on it and pretends to drive it but when I offer to take him on a ride he has a meltdown. "Noisy," is all he says, over and over. I guess I'll just have to play it by ear and see what his tolerance is. Then I can try to ease him over it or wait until another day to try.

Hopefully this afternoon we can go up to the Mall and pick up my Dad's Father's Day gift. I know it's early but I wanted to order it before they went out of stock. We're getting him a Weber charcoal grill because his old one has rusted apart! He'll love it, I'm sure! I'm also hoping that while we are in town, I can persuade hubby to stop at the LYS. I'm anxious to increase my sock yarn stash. With that said, LD still has to nap sometime today.

It rained for the first time in nearly 3 weeks this morning! Yeah! It's not enough but it's a start. Hopefully it will rain off and on this weekend and really soak everything. Dad is getting ready to plant his garden this week and I'm ready to finish planting our flower gardens out front. They look really nice so far. There is still some work to do before they look really good.

I was able to do several inches on the sock for my niece yesterday afternoon. It was so beautiful outside. After I put LD down for his nap, I took up my knitting, a drink, the monitor and my mystery novel and went outside for some quiet time. I knit for at least an hour plus, then I switched to my mystery novel, "Murder Walks the Plank," by Carolyn Hart. She's one of my favorite authors and I admit to being a bit behind in the series. Maybe while we're out, I can pick up the next few in her series. Anyway, it was lovely out there sitting by myself with no crying or screaming or whining child clinging to my leg. (It's really not that bad!)

I still have not started on hubby's Henley. I don't know why I keep putting it off. I think I just want a big block of uninterrupted time to be able to cast on and work the neck. There is a lot of marker placement and increasing and I don't want to miscount the rows. Definitely a project for the quiet of evening.

Well, I suppose, I've rambled enough. LD is playing on the porch and I should go hang out with him. We have to go pick up Daddy at work at noon so I need to get a move on if I want to play with LD first.

Have a lovely weekend all! And, Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books on Tap for 2011

  • Knit Together - Debbie Macomber
  • Captured by Grace - Dr. David Jeremiah
  • Murder Most Foul - A Collection of Great Crime Stories
  • Fireproof - Eric Wilson
  • There's Something About Christmas - Debbie Macomber
  • Questioning Evangelism - Randy Newman
  • Murder Uncorked - Michele Scott
  • A Sacred Sorrow - Michael Card
  • Prayer: Does it Make any Difference? - Philip Yancey
  • Get Out of That Pit - Beth Moore

Books Read in 2011

  • What a Sista Should Do - Tiffany L. Warren
  • 90 Minutes in Heaven - Don Piper
  • Forgotten God - Francis Chan
  • The Purpose Driven Life - Rick Warren
  • Dead Reckoning - Charlaine Harris
  • Shadowfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Chill Factor - Sandra Brown
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Wednesday Sisters - Meg Waite Clayton
  • Stealing Home - Sherryl Woods
  • Bound for Murder - Laura Childs
  • Bloodfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Faefever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Darkfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Under Her Skin - Susan Mallery
  • The Red Pyramid - Rick Riordan
  • No Wonder They Call Him Saviour - Max Lucado
  • I Still Dream About You - Fannie Flagg
  • I Am Number Four - Pittacus Lore
  • The Last Olympian - Rick Riordan
  • Spider Bones - Kathy Reichs
  • A Thread So Thin - Marie Bostwick
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth - Rick Riordan
  • The Search - Nora Roberts
  • The Titan's Curse - Rick Riordan
  • Wicked Appetite - Janet Evanovich
  • The Sea of Monsters - Rick Riordan
  • Awakened - PC & Kristen Cast
  • The Lightning Thief - Rick Riordan
  • Photo Finished - Larua Childs
  • Keepsake Crimes - Laura Childs
  • Sizzling Sixteen - Janet Evanovich
  • The Icing on the Cupcake - Jennifer Ross
  • Fleece Navidad - Maggie Sefton
  • Dyer Consequences - Maggie Sefton
  • The Darling Dahlias and the Cucumber Tree - Susan Wittig Albert
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning

Books Read in 2010

  • The Yada Yado Prayer Group - Netta Jackson
  • Silver Borne - Patricia Briggs
  • The Hole in Our Gospel - Richard Stearns
  • A Winter Marriage - Kerry Hardie
  • So Long, Insecurity - Beth Moore
  • Knit the Season - Kate Jacobs
  • Dead and Berried - Karen MacInerney
  • Murder on the Rocks - Karen MacInerney
  • where do i go - Netta Jackson
  • be sweet - diane hunt
  • The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown
  • Raven - Allison Van Deipen
  • Push (Precious) - sapphire
  • Faces of the Gone - Brad Parks
  • The Lace Reader - Brunonia Barry
  • Burning Lamp - Amanda Quick
  • Fired Up - Jayne Ann Krentz
  • The School of Essential Ingredients - Erica Bauermeister
  • Matters Arising - Sarah Harrison
  • The Sheen on the Silk - Anne Perry
  • I Saw the Lord - Anne Graham Lotz
  • The Dangerous Protector - Janet Chapman
  • The Seduction of His Wife - Janet Chapman
  • Re-reading all the Tintin graphic novels - Herge
  • The Sugar Queen - Sarah Addison Allen
  • the last time i saw you - Elizabeth Berg
  • Garden Spells - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Wild Ride - Jennifer Crusie & Bob Mayer
  • Dead in the Family - Charlaine Harris
  • The Girl Who Chased the Moon - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Grave Secret - Charlaine Harris
  • Crawl Space - Sarah Graves
  • The Honey Thief - Elizabeth Graver
  • The Otherworldlies - Jennifer Anne Kogler
  • Saving CeeCee Honeycutt - Beth Hoffman
  • A Face at the Window - Sarah Graves
  • Draycott Eternal - Christina Skye
  • Shelter Mountain - Robin Carr
  • Virgin River - Robyn Carr
  • Death by Cashmere - Sally Goldenbaum
  • An Ice Cold Grave - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Surprise - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Sight - Charlaine Harris