Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering Gods grace in its various forms.

1 Peter 4:9-10

Monday, June 2, 2008

Yummy Yarn

I caved. You know I had to. When confronted with such an amazing variety of yummy yarns, I couldn't help myself. I convinced hubby to take me to KnitWit. I had been to their website and was sufficiently tempted by the big name expensive and colorful yarns to want to sink my hands into them in person. I had the chance to do so on Sunday and I could have stayed for hours, touching and squeezing and cuddling the yarn. So many familiar names that I've read and dreamed about but have never seen. You might think that yarn stores are a typical sight in naturally cold state like Maine. You would be wrong. Those of us that live rurally have to travel for miles to find a decent store that carries something other than Red Heart or Peaches 'n Cream. I have to plan for a trip to the yarn store, which means, hubby has to come with me and watch the baby while I shop. Not so fun for any of us. In any case, I am the proud new owner of two skeins of sock yarn. Trekking XXL in a lovely variegation of browns, olives, golds and grays, 75% superwash new wool and 25% nylon ($16.50) and Trekking Hand Art in Irland 508 colorway, a beautiful handpainted transition from green to gray to light gray, 75% superwash new wool and 25% nylon ($19.95). OUCH! Let me just say again, OUCH! At least I'll get matching socks out of each skein...whew. Unfortunately my pictures don't do them justice. You can find them, however, on the KnitWit website. On a scale of 5 stars, I'd give KnitWit a solid 4. Wonderful place with smiling, happy people and smiling, happy customers like myself - digging their hands into fluffy piles of luscious, yummy yarns.

BTW, I didn't mention, both yarns are for gift socks - at least I get to play with them for a little while before their lovely softness is gone from my presence. XXL is for my wonderful SIL who has been dying for a pair of handmade socks for years. Hand Art is for my loving, tolerant, amazing hubby who deserves them for no other reason than he loves me.

BTW, I'm looking for a ball winder and, maybe, a swift if the price is reasonable. Feel free to leave a comment or two!

On another note, I'm turning 39 this week. I say it's my first 39, since I'll stay a lovely 39 for the rest of the next decade. I think I'll just mark the 9's...39...49...59, etc. When I was 18 I thought everyone over the age of 35 was old. I don't feel old and I hope I don't look old. No serious lines or wrinkles yet and I'll thank those of you who know me not to mention the gray that I keep hidden away!

My beautiful new car has finally been christened. Her name is Agatha after my favorite mystery maven, the grande dame Agatha Christie. I can't tell you how much the name fits the car! I knew it was right when I mentioned it out loud. Hubby thinks I'm nuts but is willing to go along with it. Did I mention how much I love this man!!!

Anyway, got to run. I'd like to take a shower before LD wakes up...I'm getting a little game-y with all the outdoor activity we've been doing!! Ha ha ha!!!

Until next time, Happy Knitting and/or Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books on Tap for 2011

  • Knit Together - Debbie Macomber
  • Captured by Grace - Dr. David Jeremiah
  • Murder Most Foul - A Collection of Great Crime Stories
  • Fireproof - Eric Wilson
  • There's Something About Christmas - Debbie Macomber
  • Questioning Evangelism - Randy Newman
  • Murder Uncorked - Michele Scott
  • A Sacred Sorrow - Michael Card
  • Prayer: Does it Make any Difference? - Philip Yancey
  • Get Out of That Pit - Beth Moore

Books Read in 2011

  • What a Sista Should Do - Tiffany L. Warren
  • 90 Minutes in Heaven - Don Piper
  • Forgotten God - Francis Chan
  • The Purpose Driven Life - Rick Warren
  • Dead Reckoning - Charlaine Harris
  • Shadowfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Chill Factor - Sandra Brown
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Wednesday Sisters - Meg Waite Clayton
  • Stealing Home - Sherryl Woods
  • Bound for Murder - Laura Childs
  • Bloodfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Faefever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Darkfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Under Her Skin - Susan Mallery
  • The Red Pyramid - Rick Riordan
  • No Wonder They Call Him Saviour - Max Lucado
  • I Still Dream About You - Fannie Flagg
  • I Am Number Four - Pittacus Lore
  • The Last Olympian - Rick Riordan
  • Spider Bones - Kathy Reichs
  • A Thread So Thin - Marie Bostwick
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth - Rick Riordan
  • The Search - Nora Roberts
  • The Titan's Curse - Rick Riordan
  • Wicked Appetite - Janet Evanovich
  • The Sea of Monsters - Rick Riordan
  • Awakened - PC & Kristen Cast
  • The Lightning Thief - Rick Riordan
  • Photo Finished - Larua Childs
  • Keepsake Crimes - Laura Childs
  • Sizzling Sixteen - Janet Evanovich
  • The Icing on the Cupcake - Jennifer Ross
  • Fleece Navidad - Maggie Sefton
  • Dyer Consequences - Maggie Sefton
  • The Darling Dahlias and the Cucumber Tree - Susan Wittig Albert
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning

Books Read in 2010

  • The Yada Yado Prayer Group - Netta Jackson
  • Silver Borne - Patricia Briggs
  • The Hole in Our Gospel - Richard Stearns
  • A Winter Marriage - Kerry Hardie
  • So Long, Insecurity - Beth Moore
  • Knit the Season - Kate Jacobs
  • Dead and Berried - Karen MacInerney
  • Murder on the Rocks - Karen MacInerney
  • where do i go - Netta Jackson
  • be sweet - diane hunt
  • The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown
  • Raven - Allison Van Deipen
  • Push (Precious) - sapphire
  • Faces of the Gone - Brad Parks
  • The Lace Reader - Brunonia Barry
  • Burning Lamp - Amanda Quick
  • Fired Up - Jayne Ann Krentz
  • The School of Essential Ingredients - Erica Bauermeister
  • Matters Arising - Sarah Harrison
  • The Sheen on the Silk - Anne Perry
  • I Saw the Lord - Anne Graham Lotz
  • The Dangerous Protector - Janet Chapman
  • The Seduction of His Wife - Janet Chapman
  • Re-reading all the Tintin graphic novels - Herge
  • The Sugar Queen - Sarah Addison Allen
  • the last time i saw you - Elizabeth Berg
  • Garden Spells - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Wild Ride - Jennifer Crusie & Bob Mayer
  • Dead in the Family - Charlaine Harris
  • The Girl Who Chased the Moon - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Grave Secret - Charlaine Harris
  • Crawl Space - Sarah Graves
  • The Honey Thief - Elizabeth Graver
  • The Otherworldlies - Jennifer Anne Kogler
  • Saving CeeCee Honeycutt - Beth Hoffman
  • A Face at the Window - Sarah Graves
  • Draycott Eternal - Christina Skye
  • Shelter Mountain - Robin Carr
  • Virgin River - Robyn Carr
  • Death by Cashmere - Sally Goldenbaum
  • An Ice Cold Grave - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Surprise - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Sight - Charlaine Harris