Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering Gods grace in its various forms.

1 Peter 4:9-10

Monday, September 8, 2008

"Your Router is Toast"

This is what I was told by the Geek Squad. The good news proved I wasn't a total idiot when it comes to tweaking gadgets. "You did everything I would have done." Great! Now tell me what the problem is with my freaking WLAN!!! Apparently these gadgets that just sit there soaking up electricity actually do have a shelf life. According to the above Geek, anywhere from 6 mos to 6 yrs. Good to know. Now I'm $80 poorer but I'm back online and hopefully, more secure! I actually went 3 days without checking my email or reading my blog lists. I felt so out of touch!

I've caved into the Noro temptation to knit myself some winter socks. The colors are so yummy! I'm almost done the first sock and have pictures - so I'll be posting those soon. I managed to knit another inch on the hubby sweater, too! My search for Moda Dea Bamboo Wool continues. I'm afraid no one around here carries it contrary to the manufacturers advice. So, I'll have to bite the bullet and pay for shipping. Blech... At least I'll have my yarn to begin the wild man's turtle amigurumi! And as for the market bag? Well, I'll have to take it back down again because I found another skein of the Handicrafter Colonial cotton hidden behind stacks of other colorways at the JoAnn's in Portland. It's no where to be found online and I was despairing of ever finding it in my colorway to finish the "dreaded thing." Now I'll have to tear myself away from the socks to finish it...NOT!

We had a terrible start to the day yesterday. Of course it could have been due to the fact we were really late getting home Saturday night from my SIL's house. He had so much fun playing with his cousin and we were having a lot of fun playing cards and drinking...well, I was drinking anyway. What do you call someone who rarely drinks and is handed some really tasty wine??? 3 sheets to the wind! Yup, wild man had been really wild that day and I was ready for some loosening up! Anyway, we got home later than expected and he didn't have a good nights sleep. So when we got up on Sunday all he wanted to do was go outside and play. We packed him up and went to church instead. This was not kosher with the wild man and he let us know by throwing the hugest fit in the middle of church. We packed everything up and just left. We didn't even get through the first hymn. I think we're going to have to think of another alternative for church. There's a nice one locally and they have all kinds of kids programs. Maybe for a while we should just hang out in town. Anyway, we took the wild man to the Maine Mall and walked around a little while then came home. He was so pooped but he didn't nap well.

While the little guy was out, hubby and I did some more cleaning and reorganizing. I've gotten more done in the kitchen by emptying out a shelf of cookbooks and sticking all my fathers crud on the shelf and off the kitchen counter. It was REALLY cluttered. Now the cookbooks are on a bookshelf out in the mudroom with plenty of room for more (which I definately have in storage and will LOVE to bring down!). Now the kitchen looks much cleaner. I also reorganized a cupboard to fit more foodstuffs rather than have them sitting out on the counter. And, the big change? All of the little man's bottles and bottle accessories got tossed out. :( My little guy is growing up!

This just in from my good friend viscioussweettart:

Quote for the day:

'Whatever you give a woman, she's going to multiply. If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby. If you give her a house, she'll give you a home. If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal. If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart. She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her. So - if you give her crap, you will receive a bucket full of shit."


Since I am a woman, obviously, I quite agree!

So fellow Patriot friends, I'm bummed out about our quarterback, Tom Brady. I don't think we'll see him for the rest of the season and I know nothing about the backup QB, Cassel. He did a decent job not tanking the game yesterday but how is he going to perform the rest of the season? It would be too much to ask for a repeat of the whole Brady/Bledsoe thing. Maybe Cassell will step up, bring his A game and simply hold everything together so we'll at least make the wildcard. Only time will tell and most of the NFL analysts will speculate for weeks on this newest development. Still, bummer dudes.

I'm sure there's much much more to say but right now I'm plum out of ideas. Speaking of plum, I'm heartily enjoying Janet Evanovitch's Fearless Fourteen!

Happy Knitting and a belated Happy Birthday to the wild man's Auntie Sue! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books on Tap for 2011

  • Knit Together - Debbie Macomber
  • Captured by Grace - Dr. David Jeremiah
  • Murder Most Foul - A Collection of Great Crime Stories
  • Fireproof - Eric Wilson
  • There's Something About Christmas - Debbie Macomber
  • Questioning Evangelism - Randy Newman
  • Murder Uncorked - Michele Scott
  • A Sacred Sorrow - Michael Card
  • Prayer: Does it Make any Difference? - Philip Yancey
  • Get Out of That Pit - Beth Moore

Books Read in 2011

  • What a Sista Should Do - Tiffany L. Warren
  • 90 Minutes in Heaven - Don Piper
  • Forgotten God - Francis Chan
  • The Purpose Driven Life - Rick Warren
  • Dead Reckoning - Charlaine Harris
  • Shadowfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Chill Factor - Sandra Brown
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Wednesday Sisters - Meg Waite Clayton
  • Stealing Home - Sherryl Woods
  • Bound for Murder - Laura Childs
  • Bloodfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Faefever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Darkfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Under Her Skin - Susan Mallery
  • The Red Pyramid - Rick Riordan
  • No Wonder They Call Him Saviour - Max Lucado
  • I Still Dream About You - Fannie Flagg
  • I Am Number Four - Pittacus Lore
  • The Last Olympian - Rick Riordan
  • Spider Bones - Kathy Reichs
  • A Thread So Thin - Marie Bostwick
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth - Rick Riordan
  • The Search - Nora Roberts
  • The Titan's Curse - Rick Riordan
  • Wicked Appetite - Janet Evanovich
  • The Sea of Monsters - Rick Riordan
  • Awakened - PC & Kristen Cast
  • The Lightning Thief - Rick Riordan
  • Photo Finished - Larua Childs
  • Keepsake Crimes - Laura Childs
  • Sizzling Sixteen - Janet Evanovich
  • The Icing on the Cupcake - Jennifer Ross
  • Fleece Navidad - Maggie Sefton
  • Dyer Consequences - Maggie Sefton
  • The Darling Dahlias and the Cucumber Tree - Susan Wittig Albert
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning

Books Read in 2010

  • The Yada Yado Prayer Group - Netta Jackson
  • Silver Borne - Patricia Briggs
  • The Hole in Our Gospel - Richard Stearns
  • A Winter Marriage - Kerry Hardie
  • So Long, Insecurity - Beth Moore
  • Knit the Season - Kate Jacobs
  • Dead and Berried - Karen MacInerney
  • Murder on the Rocks - Karen MacInerney
  • where do i go - Netta Jackson
  • be sweet - diane hunt
  • The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown
  • Raven - Allison Van Deipen
  • Push (Precious) - sapphire
  • Faces of the Gone - Brad Parks
  • The Lace Reader - Brunonia Barry
  • Burning Lamp - Amanda Quick
  • Fired Up - Jayne Ann Krentz
  • The School of Essential Ingredients - Erica Bauermeister
  • Matters Arising - Sarah Harrison
  • The Sheen on the Silk - Anne Perry
  • I Saw the Lord - Anne Graham Lotz
  • The Dangerous Protector - Janet Chapman
  • The Seduction of His Wife - Janet Chapman
  • Re-reading all the Tintin graphic novels - Herge
  • The Sugar Queen - Sarah Addison Allen
  • the last time i saw you - Elizabeth Berg
  • Garden Spells - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Wild Ride - Jennifer Crusie & Bob Mayer
  • Dead in the Family - Charlaine Harris
  • The Girl Who Chased the Moon - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Grave Secret - Charlaine Harris
  • Crawl Space - Sarah Graves
  • The Honey Thief - Elizabeth Graver
  • The Otherworldlies - Jennifer Anne Kogler
  • Saving CeeCee Honeycutt - Beth Hoffman
  • A Face at the Window - Sarah Graves
  • Draycott Eternal - Christina Skye
  • Shelter Mountain - Robin Carr
  • Virgin River - Robyn Carr
  • Death by Cashmere - Sally Goldenbaum
  • An Ice Cold Grave - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Surprise - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Sight - Charlaine Harris