Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering Gods grace in its various forms.

1 Peter 4:9-10

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Baking and Knitting...Two of My Favorite Things


Saturday was the day for baking and such. First off I made 6 jars of apple jelly using slightly overripe Red Delicious and Mac's. The color of the jelly is gorgeous...a beautiful shade of shimmery pink. The jelly was so sweet on its own that I only used 1/2 the sweetener the recipe called for. Delish! And, since hubby was so sweet as to give me the time to bake by making some bonding time for him and the little guy, I knocked off a batch of chocolate chip cookies, a batch of mini donut muffins and a batch of Harvest Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting...super YUMMY! I'll be making those again very soon! All in all it was a wonderful day of baking and eating. Tonight my Dad has taken over the kitchen and is baking some homemade mac and cheese. This is the time of year when my taste buds clap and cheer!


Last night was my first night at the library kniting group. We knit and chatted for about 1 1/2 hrs and it was really nice to sit with other knitsters who speak the language! I met some really nice ladies and heard some funny stories. A welcome break in my routine. I'll be attending once a month for the forseeable future! The hubber sweater is finally progressing nicely. I only have an inch or so left on the K1P1 ribbing then it's on to the sleeves. Also, I've started a new knit project. It's called the Palindrome Reversible Cable Scarf. I'm using Patons SWS in geranium colorway on size 9 straights. It's my first attempt with cabling and I have to say the stitch pattern is super easy but I'm using the wrong kind of cable needle. I want the U shaped cable hook and instead I'm using the needle...very awkward. As soon as I can get to a notions store I'll remedy the situation! In any case the scarf is knitting up very quickly and is quite beautiful. See for yourselves!


I voted yesterday and it was quite an experience. Very exciting and for the first time I felt like this country was moving in the right direction. We needed new blood everywhere and we got it. Now let's hope that Obama and his newly elected democratic government can stand up to the high expectations and actually get something accomplished. I believe he's in for a bit of a shock when he reads that first Presidential brief. I believe he can do what he says and I hope he has the courage and conviction to stick with it. If he can, and if he can avoid being a target, I think he can move us all into a better future. That's just my two cents.

Anyway, I have to get my little man up from his nap so I'll call it quits for today! Happy knitting, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books on Tap for 2011

  • Knit Together - Debbie Macomber
  • Captured by Grace - Dr. David Jeremiah
  • Murder Most Foul - A Collection of Great Crime Stories
  • Fireproof - Eric Wilson
  • There's Something About Christmas - Debbie Macomber
  • Questioning Evangelism - Randy Newman
  • Murder Uncorked - Michele Scott
  • A Sacred Sorrow - Michael Card
  • Prayer: Does it Make any Difference? - Philip Yancey
  • Get Out of That Pit - Beth Moore

Books Read in 2011

  • What a Sista Should Do - Tiffany L. Warren
  • 90 Minutes in Heaven - Don Piper
  • Forgotten God - Francis Chan
  • The Purpose Driven Life - Rick Warren
  • Dead Reckoning - Charlaine Harris
  • Shadowfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Chill Factor - Sandra Brown
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Wednesday Sisters - Meg Waite Clayton
  • Stealing Home - Sherryl Woods
  • Bound for Murder - Laura Childs
  • Bloodfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Faefever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Darkfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Under Her Skin - Susan Mallery
  • The Red Pyramid - Rick Riordan
  • No Wonder They Call Him Saviour - Max Lucado
  • I Still Dream About You - Fannie Flagg
  • I Am Number Four - Pittacus Lore
  • The Last Olympian - Rick Riordan
  • Spider Bones - Kathy Reichs
  • A Thread So Thin - Marie Bostwick
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth - Rick Riordan
  • The Search - Nora Roberts
  • The Titan's Curse - Rick Riordan
  • Wicked Appetite - Janet Evanovich
  • The Sea of Monsters - Rick Riordan
  • Awakened - PC & Kristen Cast
  • The Lightning Thief - Rick Riordan
  • Photo Finished - Larua Childs
  • Keepsake Crimes - Laura Childs
  • Sizzling Sixteen - Janet Evanovich
  • The Icing on the Cupcake - Jennifer Ross
  • Fleece Navidad - Maggie Sefton
  • Dyer Consequences - Maggie Sefton
  • The Darling Dahlias and the Cucumber Tree - Susan Wittig Albert
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning

Books Read in 2010

  • The Yada Yado Prayer Group - Netta Jackson
  • Silver Borne - Patricia Briggs
  • The Hole in Our Gospel - Richard Stearns
  • A Winter Marriage - Kerry Hardie
  • So Long, Insecurity - Beth Moore
  • Knit the Season - Kate Jacobs
  • Dead and Berried - Karen MacInerney
  • Murder on the Rocks - Karen MacInerney
  • where do i go - Netta Jackson
  • be sweet - diane hunt
  • The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown
  • Raven - Allison Van Deipen
  • Push (Precious) - sapphire
  • Faces of the Gone - Brad Parks
  • The Lace Reader - Brunonia Barry
  • Burning Lamp - Amanda Quick
  • Fired Up - Jayne Ann Krentz
  • The School of Essential Ingredients - Erica Bauermeister
  • Matters Arising - Sarah Harrison
  • The Sheen on the Silk - Anne Perry
  • I Saw the Lord - Anne Graham Lotz
  • The Dangerous Protector - Janet Chapman
  • The Seduction of His Wife - Janet Chapman
  • Re-reading all the Tintin graphic novels - Herge
  • The Sugar Queen - Sarah Addison Allen
  • the last time i saw you - Elizabeth Berg
  • Garden Spells - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Wild Ride - Jennifer Crusie & Bob Mayer
  • Dead in the Family - Charlaine Harris
  • The Girl Who Chased the Moon - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Grave Secret - Charlaine Harris
  • Crawl Space - Sarah Graves
  • The Honey Thief - Elizabeth Graver
  • The Otherworldlies - Jennifer Anne Kogler
  • Saving CeeCee Honeycutt - Beth Hoffman
  • A Face at the Window - Sarah Graves
  • Draycott Eternal - Christina Skye
  • Shelter Mountain - Robin Carr
  • Virgin River - Robyn Carr
  • Death by Cashmere - Sally Goldenbaum
  • An Ice Cold Grave - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Surprise - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Sight - Charlaine Harris