Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering Gods grace in its various forms.

1 Peter 4:9-10

Saturday, November 15, 2008

*Yawn* ...

Trouble is always brewing behind that smirk!

Last night was a weird night for sleeping. None of us save my Dad got any kind of decent sleep. As a result, I'm dragging ass and the wild man is throwing temper tantrums of the colossal kind. He screamed so loud he ended up coughing. Fortunately I've been taking some St. John's Wort and it seems to be working. At least I didn't end up having a temper tantrum too! The weather is crappy and nasty and we're stuck inside bored out of our furry little minds. Wild man can't decide if he wants to lay on the floor and scream, or throw all his crayons and papers to the floor, or empty the refrigerator shelves he's able to reach. Notice nothing productive is happening here. I've obviously escaped to the gated office where I can type randomness while keeping one eye on the destructive one. Right now, he has his dad's lunch boxes and has slung one over his shoulder and is carrying the other like luggage, has bade me adieu and is heading to the door. I told him to have a nice trip.

The hubby sweater's sleeves are taking FOREVER! I've knit 8" of decreasing stockinette stitches and thought I had stitched more. Bummer. I still have 7" more of decreasing stockinette and 2" of K1P1 ribbing. Maybe I can finish this weekend. At least it's my goal. But then I have a whole other sleeve to do. Remind me to NEVER knit another XXL sweater! Of course I probably will some years down the road when I am a MUCH better knitter. But for the foreseeable future...not so much. I'm bummed now because this sweater is cutting into knitting time for other projects. Of course I could be knitting rather than blogging but then where would the fun be! Sometime this weekend I need another pair of size 13 circular's. I bought 26" instead of 24" and now I think I should get the 16" to be on the safe side. *ARG* In looking over the pattern for the felted moccasins I think I've gotten in a little over my head - there are short rows, people! I have no experience in short rows - do I really want to do it on a Christmas gift for my Dad??? Of course I do - because these slippers are the perfect gift for him. I was really hoping to get my SIL's Trekking socks done by Thanksgiving but now I'm not so sure. My time table is getting rather unreliable. That's what I get for trying to plan things around a 2 yr old wild man...really now.

Button choices for the hubby sweater...
pewter celtic knots or green painted wood,
opinions anyone???


I was able to get several more cable repeats down on the Palindrome scarf during my MOPs meeting yesterday morning. The hubby sweater just isn't practical now to haul around so I need something smaller to take with me. I could have, and probably should have, taken the Trekking socks but I find trying to knit in the round on tiny needles is frustrating enough. I don't need to subject all my MOPs friends to a series of grumbles and sighs during our once monthly meet.

Wild man has moved on from counting and pulling out all the kitchen drawers to unloading his copiously filled toybox onto the living room floor. Now I hear him tearing through his drawing pad and when I go check on him I fully expect the floor to be littered with toys, torn paper and markers with their caps off. *sigh* I could really use a me break sometime soon.

I'm in the middle of reading Stephanie Meyer's twilight...can I just say WOW - I'm really loving it! Probably won't get to the movie while it's out so I'll have to wait for the dvd. I'm also looking forward to reading the rest of the series. Again, I'm loving this!

Weekend plans are still up for discussion. Most likely church in the am then off to see the FIL at the nursing home. Still no improvement there. He's declining rapidly - the dementia is definitely taking over. My Dad went to see him this past week and really noticed the physical changes. Anyway, no sad stuff today. Must go save what is left of the living room!

Ciao and Happy Knitting, y'all!

1 comment:

  1. I love your Wildman descriptions. The hope is that he will grow up, marry, and have children who throw tantrums around him. < g >

    As you know, children usually start having tantrums when they have about a 100-200 word vocabulary. The big problem is having some words, but not enough words yet. The result can be a tantrum.

    However, you might want to start a trigger list for times when it isn't just frustration. What was he doing? What time of day? What day of the week? What had he just eaten? Who was he with? Where was he? It may be that the carpet in Aunt Grace and Uncle George's home upsets his system (I'm sure it's not Aunt Grace and Uncle George), or if he's late getting to nap time.

    Once you have a list of tantrum triggers you can help prevent them and life is a lot easier.

    Good luck with the knitting. I did the crochet thing; never really captured the knitting bug.

    Judy Colbert
    www.TuffTurtle.com/tantrums.htm

    ReplyDelete

Books on Tap for 2011

  • Knit Together - Debbie Macomber
  • Captured by Grace - Dr. David Jeremiah
  • Murder Most Foul - A Collection of Great Crime Stories
  • Fireproof - Eric Wilson
  • There's Something About Christmas - Debbie Macomber
  • Questioning Evangelism - Randy Newman
  • Murder Uncorked - Michele Scott
  • A Sacred Sorrow - Michael Card
  • Prayer: Does it Make any Difference? - Philip Yancey
  • Get Out of That Pit - Beth Moore

Books Read in 2011

  • What a Sista Should Do - Tiffany L. Warren
  • 90 Minutes in Heaven - Don Piper
  • Forgotten God - Francis Chan
  • The Purpose Driven Life - Rick Warren
  • Dead Reckoning - Charlaine Harris
  • Shadowfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Chill Factor - Sandra Brown
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Wednesday Sisters - Meg Waite Clayton
  • Stealing Home - Sherryl Woods
  • Bound for Murder - Laura Childs
  • Bloodfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Faefever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Darkfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Under Her Skin - Susan Mallery
  • The Red Pyramid - Rick Riordan
  • No Wonder They Call Him Saviour - Max Lucado
  • I Still Dream About You - Fannie Flagg
  • I Am Number Four - Pittacus Lore
  • The Last Olympian - Rick Riordan
  • Spider Bones - Kathy Reichs
  • A Thread So Thin - Marie Bostwick
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth - Rick Riordan
  • The Search - Nora Roberts
  • The Titan's Curse - Rick Riordan
  • Wicked Appetite - Janet Evanovich
  • The Sea of Monsters - Rick Riordan
  • Awakened - PC & Kristen Cast
  • The Lightning Thief - Rick Riordan
  • Photo Finished - Larua Childs
  • Keepsake Crimes - Laura Childs
  • Sizzling Sixteen - Janet Evanovich
  • The Icing on the Cupcake - Jennifer Ross
  • Fleece Navidad - Maggie Sefton
  • Dyer Consequences - Maggie Sefton
  • The Darling Dahlias and the Cucumber Tree - Susan Wittig Albert
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning

Books Read in 2010

  • The Yada Yado Prayer Group - Netta Jackson
  • Silver Borne - Patricia Briggs
  • The Hole in Our Gospel - Richard Stearns
  • A Winter Marriage - Kerry Hardie
  • So Long, Insecurity - Beth Moore
  • Knit the Season - Kate Jacobs
  • Dead and Berried - Karen MacInerney
  • Murder on the Rocks - Karen MacInerney
  • where do i go - Netta Jackson
  • be sweet - diane hunt
  • The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown
  • Raven - Allison Van Deipen
  • Push (Precious) - sapphire
  • Faces of the Gone - Brad Parks
  • The Lace Reader - Brunonia Barry
  • Burning Lamp - Amanda Quick
  • Fired Up - Jayne Ann Krentz
  • The School of Essential Ingredients - Erica Bauermeister
  • Matters Arising - Sarah Harrison
  • The Sheen on the Silk - Anne Perry
  • I Saw the Lord - Anne Graham Lotz
  • The Dangerous Protector - Janet Chapman
  • The Seduction of His Wife - Janet Chapman
  • Re-reading all the Tintin graphic novels - Herge
  • The Sugar Queen - Sarah Addison Allen
  • the last time i saw you - Elizabeth Berg
  • Garden Spells - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Wild Ride - Jennifer Crusie & Bob Mayer
  • Dead in the Family - Charlaine Harris
  • The Girl Who Chased the Moon - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Grave Secret - Charlaine Harris
  • Crawl Space - Sarah Graves
  • The Honey Thief - Elizabeth Graver
  • The Otherworldlies - Jennifer Anne Kogler
  • Saving CeeCee Honeycutt - Beth Hoffman
  • A Face at the Window - Sarah Graves
  • Draycott Eternal - Christina Skye
  • Shelter Mountain - Robin Carr
  • Virgin River - Robyn Carr
  • Death by Cashmere - Sally Goldenbaum
  • An Ice Cold Grave - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Surprise - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Sight - Charlaine Harris