Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering Gods grace in its various forms.

1 Peter 4:9-10

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Where Has the Time Gone??

Oh, that's right. We had a time change didn't we? That must be what's screwed up my sense of where I am in the day, or the week for that matter. Not to mention the last two months have been spent lost in the vast reaches of Facebook. I've come to realize it is an evil bloodsucking demon that must perish - hold that thought I need to check my home page - what was I saying?




This was the brightest point in my whole week. I've watched it hundreds of times and chuckled every time! You can't say my little guy isn't a ham after seeing this... He takes after his daddy!

I've been knitting, baking, cleaning, groaning at the weather and bouncing off the walls with my little man. We can't wait for the weather to change over and stay that way. With March coming in like a roaring lion, I'm hoping for a sleeping lamb come the 31st!

On the knitting front, I've finished the lovely lacy April May wristwarmers. They are gorgeous and comfortable and surprisingly warm! I used a local alpaca yarn I purchased at the Rochester Fair several years ago from CynJim Alpacas. It's springy and smooshy and well suited to this pattern. Plus I have enough left over to make a second pair to gift someone with! I've started the Sylvia Eyelet Cowl I downloaded off Ravelry. I'm using Louisa Harding Grace Hand dyed in a stunningly rich olive green. It's 50% silk and 50% merino and it feels just heavenly. I can't wait to finish it and wear it around my neck to show it off! I still have the Trellis Diamond lace socks on the needles and the never ending hubby sweater. (Ugh!) I've also taken out my crochet market bag that I'm thinking about finally finishing up. It would be a great bag to take to the library for some books or to the market (as intended) for some veggies and fruit!


My knitting group has been going well. I have two friends who join me every other Tues eve for knitting lessons and comraderie and one who joined simply for the comraderie! I'm hoping for more in a couple weeks after previous committments have been met. We have a great time! I bake a treat and make some tea, this week it was Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies made with Ghirardelli cocoa and semi-sweet bits...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, so rich and tasty! Any way, we have fun and yak about everything under the sun!


I've also been zipping through books. I've raced through Nora Robert's Sign of Seven Trilogy. Must say I've been a little disappointed in her work lately, she seemed to be repeating styles and themes, so I am happy to report this trilogy was AWESOME!!! It was fresh and enjoyable, well researched and smoothly executed. The characters were fun and extremely personable. It certainly feels like Ms. Robert's is back on track again! Quite frankly, she amazes me! Over all, her books and series have been wonderful and I'm proud to say I've ready nearly everything she's ever written. I hope she has more stories to tell!

I must plug two blog's I've recently discovered and thoroughly enjoy. The first, Attic24, is a visual feast and a treat to read. She's wonderfully talented with the hook and camera and I truly love visiting her blog. Whenever I'm feeling a little frayed around the edges, her colorful images and lovely creations always make me smile! (Check out today's entry, Hooky Business, it's a wonderful example of her talent). The second, Kar's Downhome Bliss, is also a journey for the senses. She loves yarn-y goodness, as well, and with every entry tells a heartwarming story that reveals her love of family, good food and living a good life centered around family. Both these ladies are inspiring to me with their individual talents and examples of what Mom's can be. We don't have to be stereotyped or plugged into neat little roles. We can be creative, fun, independent and family oriented all at the same time. Thanks, ladies, for the inspiration and I hope you both continue to regale us with the tales of your lives!

Ok, now that I've caught up, somewhat, I must sign off. I have a knitting project and the DVR waiting for me plus a little time before the wild man wakes up!

Be well and happy knitting!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Those wrist warmers are the best aren't they! I have made some with that same pattern and I love them. I have a pair on the needles right now, just waiting for me to finish some of my crochet projects. I'm using a variegated yarn with the most wonderful colors. I can't recall the name right now. I'll let you know what it is later. But it's awesome! :)

    Thanks for the kind words about me and my blog. I just try to do what I feel is right in my heart and just love my peeps as much as I can.

    Hope the weekend has been good to you so far! :)

    ReplyDelete

Books on Tap for 2011

  • Knit Together - Debbie Macomber
  • Captured by Grace - Dr. David Jeremiah
  • Murder Most Foul - A Collection of Great Crime Stories
  • Fireproof - Eric Wilson
  • There's Something About Christmas - Debbie Macomber
  • Questioning Evangelism - Randy Newman
  • Murder Uncorked - Michele Scott
  • A Sacred Sorrow - Michael Card
  • Prayer: Does it Make any Difference? - Philip Yancey
  • Get Out of That Pit - Beth Moore

Books Read in 2011

  • What a Sista Should Do - Tiffany L. Warren
  • 90 Minutes in Heaven - Don Piper
  • Forgotten God - Francis Chan
  • The Purpose Driven Life - Rick Warren
  • Dead Reckoning - Charlaine Harris
  • Shadowfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Chill Factor - Sandra Brown
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Wednesday Sisters - Meg Waite Clayton
  • Stealing Home - Sherryl Woods
  • Bound for Murder - Laura Childs
  • Bloodfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Faefever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Darkfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Under Her Skin - Susan Mallery
  • The Red Pyramid - Rick Riordan
  • No Wonder They Call Him Saviour - Max Lucado
  • I Still Dream About You - Fannie Flagg
  • I Am Number Four - Pittacus Lore
  • The Last Olympian - Rick Riordan
  • Spider Bones - Kathy Reichs
  • A Thread So Thin - Marie Bostwick
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth - Rick Riordan
  • The Search - Nora Roberts
  • The Titan's Curse - Rick Riordan
  • Wicked Appetite - Janet Evanovich
  • The Sea of Monsters - Rick Riordan
  • Awakened - PC & Kristen Cast
  • The Lightning Thief - Rick Riordan
  • Photo Finished - Larua Childs
  • Keepsake Crimes - Laura Childs
  • Sizzling Sixteen - Janet Evanovich
  • The Icing on the Cupcake - Jennifer Ross
  • Fleece Navidad - Maggie Sefton
  • Dyer Consequences - Maggie Sefton
  • The Darling Dahlias and the Cucumber Tree - Susan Wittig Albert
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning

Books Read in 2010

  • The Yada Yado Prayer Group - Netta Jackson
  • Silver Borne - Patricia Briggs
  • The Hole in Our Gospel - Richard Stearns
  • A Winter Marriage - Kerry Hardie
  • So Long, Insecurity - Beth Moore
  • Knit the Season - Kate Jacobs
  • Dead and Berried - Karen MacInerney
  • Murder on the Rocks - Karen MacInerney
  • where do i go - Netta Jackson
  • be sweet - diane hunt
  • The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown
  • Raven - Allison Van Deipen
  • Push (Precious) - sapphire
  • Faces of the Gone - Brad Parks
  • The Lace Reader - Brunonia Barry
  • Burning Lamp - Amanda Quick
  • Fired Up - Jayne Ann Krentz
  • The School of Essential Ingredients - Erica Bauermeister
  • Matters Arising - Sarah Harrison
  • The Sheen on the Silk - Anne Perry
  • I Saw the Lord - Anne Graham Lotz
  • The Dangerous Protector - Janet Chapman
  • The Seduction of His Wife - Janet Chapman
  • Re-reading all the Tintin graphic novels - Herge
  • The Sugar Queen - Sarah Addison Allen
  • the last time i saw you - Elizabeth Berg
  • Garden Spells - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Wild Ride - Jennifer Crusie & Bob Mayer
  • Dead in the Family - Charlaine Harris
  • The Girl Who Chased the Moon - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Grave Secret - Charlaine Harris
  • Crawl Space - Sarah Graves
  • The Honey Thief - Elizabeth Graver
  • The Otherworldlies - Jennifer Anne Kogler
  • Saving CeeCee Honeycutt - Beth Hoffman
  • A Face at the Window - Sarah Graves
  • Draycott Eternal - Christina Skye
  • Shelter Mountain - Robin Carr
  • Virgin River - Robyn Carr
  • Death by Cashmere - Sally Goldenbaum
  • An Ice Cold Grave - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Surprise - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Sight - Charlaine Harris