Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering Gods grace in its various forms.

1 Peter 4:9-10

Friday, June 24, 2011

Part Two of Six

Purpose #1
You Were Planned For God's Pleasure

One of the surprising things I learned here is the true definition of the word, worship.  I always understood it to be going to church, singing some hymns, praying to God and that was it.  I never considered that worship was so much more than that.  A lot of people I attend church with now, think of worship as the music we sing on Sunday mornings or a Friday night Lighthouse service.  What I didn't stop to consider is that our lives are lived in worship of the Lord.  Anything we do that pleases Him is worship.  That's HUGE!  Love, trust, obedience, faith, praise and the use of our God given talents are what please God and all of it is a form of worship.  We must be authentic and real when we approach God - we must have the right attitude or God won't listen.  We need to surrender our lives to Him, trust in Him and tell him everything!  God wants us to be in a relationship with Him and to do that we must be willing to release our grip on our lives and invite Him into our hearts.  Jesus is the only way to God the Father.  When we finally realize that and tell Him we believe in Him and love Him with all our heart, all our mind, all our strength and all our soul we will come into a relationship with Him that trumps anything else we could imagine.  God's desire is for us to love Him and love our brothers and sisters as we love Him.  This pleases God.  This is ultimate worship.  And He wants us to remember Him even in our pain and suffering, most especially in this time.  This is when being real is where it's at.  When we are genuine in our anguish and we cry out to God, He will hear us.  He has promised never to forsake us or abandon us, so even if His answer is "no" He is with us. 

I've heard "no" before I've even asked Him anything - I made the mistake of thinking I could manage on my own.  I didn't want to bother God with trivial matters, after all He is God and I'm only...me.  I've always been aware of my sinful nature.  For a long time, I fully embraced it with a passion and a reckless desire to find something, anything, that would make me feel better.  Anything that is, except God.  I was so angry with Him I chose to turn my back on Him completely.  I blamed Him for taking my mother at such a young age.  Then, I simply stopped looking and merely existed.  I never had the right attitude - I never knew, even when I was a child growing up in a solid, loving, wonderful Christian home, what that meant.  Even when I was baptized at the age of 14, my attitude was not in the right place.  I did it because I thought I was supposed to, not because I was moved by the Spirit.  My view of God, church and everything was seriously flawed.

Now I realize that the way I choose to live my life is how I worship God.  The decisions I make are being tempered by thoughts of "what would Jesus do" in this situation.  It's a learning curve and I'm far from perfect.  As I tell my son when he gets frustrated in learning situations...practice makes perfect.  I'm going to keep the practice of examining my decisions through the eyes of the Word.  Instead of one who says "do as I say, not as I do" I want to be a good example for my son.  Someone he can trust will do and say the truth.

Now, onto less thought provoking things like, what's been happening in my yarn world!




Completion of the Shell Stitch Baby Blanket!  It took a while only because I'd work on it and then put it down for months.  I finally decided who it would be for and then had a reason to finish it!  I'm also making a baby sweater to go with it - the right pattern is being searched for continually!  I've also knocked off some towel toppers and dish cloths for charity.  Otherwise, not much is happening now in yarnville :)

Next up, the chicks!





I feel like a bird woman all right!  They are the sweetest things!  My three Buff Orpington's are just as friendly as can be while the Silver Laced Wyandottes have complete lack of interest in me - LOL :)  Oh, well - they are all growing so fast.  By the end of summer I should be able to integrate them into the flock.  I'm hoping Mister Sister will be so happy by the addition of new hens he'll help protect them from the rest!

And on the bunny front:

New hutch

Wild Man helping with hardware

Bunny's cozy hutch under the umbrella

Favorite hang out!
Yup, I've gone nuts over the bunny.  He's the sweetest guy and he has the best bunny run a bunny could ask for.  Complete with custom made shelter and hutch with added protection from the rain!  He's surrounded by bunny luxury!  We joke that any animal that strays onto our property is the luckiest animal alive since we treat all our furry/feathered/hairy friends so well!

Time to sign off -it's late and I've still got to change our bed before climbing in.  Should head up now since we'll be getting a new charge in the morning.  We're dog sitting a gorgeous and sweet golden doodle named Shami for some friends and she's being dropped off in the morning.  Must get some shut eye before all the excitement!

Stay safe!

XXOO

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books on Tap for 2011

  • Knit Together - Debbie Macomber
  • Captured by Grace - Dr. David Jeremiah
  • Murder Most Foul - A Collection of Great Crime Stories
  • Fireproof - Eric Wilson
  • There's Something About Christmas - Debbie Macomber
  • Questioning Evangelism - Randy Newman
  • Murder Uncorked - Michele Scott
  • A Sacred Sorrow - Michael Card
  • Prayer: Does it Make any Difference? - Philip Yancey
  • Get Out of That Pit - Beth Moore

Books Read in 2011

  • What a Sista Should Do - Tiffany L. Warren
  • 90 Minutes in Heaven - Don Piper
  • Forgotten God - Francis Chan
  • The Purpose Driven Life - Rick Warren
  • Dead Reckoning - Charlaine Harris
  • Shadowfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Chill Factor - Sandra Brown
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Wednesday Sisters - Meg Waite Clayton
  • Stealing Home - Sherryl Woods
  • Bound for Murder - Laura Childs
  • Bloodfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Faefever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Darkfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Under Her Skin - Susan Mallery
  • The Red Pyramid - Rick Riordan
  • No Wonder They Call Him Saviour - Max Lucado
  • I Still Dream About You - Fannie Flagg
  • I Am Number Four - Pittacus Lore
  • The Last Olympian - Rick Riordan
  • Spider Bones - Kathy Reichs
  • A Thread So Thin - Marie Bostwick
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth - Rick Riordan
  • The Search - Nora Roberts
  • The Titan's Curse - Rick Riordan
  • Wicked Appetite - Janet Evanovich
  • The Sea of Monsters - Rick Riordan
  • Awakened - PC & Kristen Cast
  • The Lightning Thief - Rick Riordan
  • Photo Finished - Larua Childs
  • Keepsake Crimes - Laura Childs
  • Sizzling Sixteen - Janet Evanovich
  • The Icing on the Cupcake - Jennifer Ross
  • Fleece Navidad - Maggie Sefton
  • Dyer Consequences - Maggie Sefton
  • The Darling Dahlias and the Cucumber Tree - Susan Wittig Albert
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning

Books Read in 2010

  • The Yada Yado Prayer Group - Netta Jackson
  • Silver Borne - Patricia Briggs
  • The Hole in Our Gospel - Richard Stearns
  • A Winter Marriage - Kerry Hardie
  • So Long, Insecurity - Beth Moore
  • Knit the Season - Kate Jacobs
  • Dead and Berried - Karen MacInerney
  • Murder on the Rocks - Karen MacInerney
  • where do i go - Netta Jackson
  • be sweet - diane hunt
  • The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown
  • Raven - Allison Van Deipen
  • Push (Precious) - sapphire
  • Faces of the Gone - Brad Parks
  • The Lace Reader - Brunonia Barry
  • Burning Lamp - Amanda Quick
  • Fired Up - Jayne Ann Krentz
  • The School of Essential Ingredients - Erica Bauermeister
  • Matters Arising - Sarah Harrison
  • The Sheen on the Silk - Anne Perry
  • I Saw the Lord - Anne Graham Lotz
  • The Dangerous Protector - Janet Chapman
  • The Seduction of His Wife - Janet Chapman
  • Re-reading all the Tintin graphic novels - Herge
  • The Sugar Queen - Sarah Addison Allen
  • the last time i saw you - Elizabeth Berg
  • Garden Spells - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Wild Ride - Jennifer Crusie & Bob Mayer
  • Dead in the Family - Charlaine Harris
  • The Girl Who Chased the Moon - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Grave Secret - Charlaine Harris
  • Crawl Space - Sarah Graves
  • The Honey Thief - Elizabeth Graver
  • The Otherworldlies - Jennifer Anne Kogler
  • Saving CeeCee Honeycutt - Beth Hoffman
  • A Face at the Window - Sarah Graves
  • Draycott Eternal - Christina Skye
  • Shelter Mountain - Robin Carr
  • Virgin River - Robyn Carr
  • Death by Cashmere - Sally Goldenbaum
  • An Ice Cold Grave - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Surprise - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Sight - Charlaine Harris