Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering Gods grace in its various forms.

1 Peter 4:9-10

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sister, sister ... and party pics!


Isn't my sister beautiful? She flew in from Atlanta Friday for the wild man's party. It was so great to see her! She's like a breath of fresh air in this stuffy old house. Hubby was great about giving me time to be with her. He'd make himself scarce in the evenings so she and I could have our "girl" talk. As usual she's doing great in school. She's one of the top students there. Only problem is she scored really low on her MCAT's and that doesn't bode well for Med school. So now she's having second thoughts about being a Dr. I told her the same thing her counselor told her...take some time off then retake the exam. She doesn't want to do that because now she is questioning her career choice. I know she can't hear it because it's her own voice but I can hear her passion for medicine when she talks about helping people. She literally wants to save the world. She wants to travel to 3rd world countries to treat people and help save lives. Her ultimate goal is to be part of Doctors without Borders. She has to make up her own mind. Fortunately for her, there are a few Med schools that have sent her the secondary applications. So someone wants to look deeper into her desire to be a Dr. I told her not to give up. Still she's pretty discouraged.

Anyway, we got to spend some good quality time together and have some good long chats. Plus we went to see a movie together the night before she left. Wanted with Angelina Jolie. Don't waste your money. Great special effects but not much else.

I have two mistakes now in the hubby sweater. The botched buttonhole and a dropped stitch. The buttonhole I couldn't do anything with and it won't matter once it's buttoned. The dropped stitch was a pain in the butt to fix because it was about 15 rows back. Why I didn't notice it before is beyond me but hey, I did manage to fix it. The column of stitches is really tight and there is a slight bump that looks like a purl stitch on the knit side. Fortunately for me, the error is going to be under the armpit. Yeah!! I'll keep you posted on any other "oopsies" that happen.

Wild man is being such a good boy today. We played really hard outside for about 2 straight hours. He helped me empty out and clean his wading pool. Then he helped me refill it again. He was also happy to help me water my flower and herb gardens! He's turning out to be such a great little helper. If he can do anything to "help" mummy and daddy, he'll drop his toys and do it! He was having fun with Grampa on the John Deere, too. My dad just adores him. He'll drop his tools or whatever he's doing to spend a few moments with the wild man.

Last night we went to the campground where my SIL from FL is staying for the week. We had a little "our side of the family" birthday party for her. She's 5! I can't believe how much time flies. Anyway, she got some good presents and we were able to spend time talking with all the adults. There were so many family members there I didn't have to worry about watching the wild man as closely as I usually do. As long as I could see him and see that he was with a family member I was just fine! Hubby got a chance to play some recreational badminton and bean bag toss and drink a few beers so he was happy! At one point the boys were out in the field tossing the football back and forth and the wild man and I were playing on the sidelines. I would let him tackle me then I'd flip him over and tickle him until he gasped! Unfortunately for me, I'm not 20 anymore. Hubby decided to surprise me with a good tickle but wasn't too gentle about it and startled me so much that I pulled my stomach muscles. A good bit of that wasn't entirely his fault. I shouldn't have been playing tackle with my little wild man! Anyway, I'm a hurting unit today. My belly muscles just ache like the dickens. (Whoever thought of that saying!) Of course, being overweight and having had a c-section, my belly muscles just aren't what they should be! Ha ha ha!

Well I think I've rambled on long enough. Hope you all enjoy my pictures!

Enjoy the day and happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books on Tap for 2011

  • Knit Together - Debbie Macomber
  • Captured by Grace - Dr. David Jeremiah
  • Murder Most Foul - A Collection of Great Crime Stories
  • Fireproof - Eric Wilson
  • There's Something About Christmas - Debbie Macomber
  • Questioning Evangelism - Randy Newman
  • Murder Uncorked - Michele Scott
  • A Sacred Sorrow - Michael Card
  • Prayer: Does it Make any Difference? - Philip Yancey
  • Get Out of That Pit - Beth Moore

Books Read in 2011

  • What a Sista Should Do - Tiffany L. Warren
  • 90 Minutes in Heaven - Don Piper
  • Forgotten God - Francis Chan
  • The Purpose Driven Life - Rick Warren
  • Dead Reckoning - Charlaine Harris
  • Shadowfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Chill Factor - Sandra Brown
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Wednesday Sisters - Meg Waite Clayton
  • Stealing Home - Sherryl Woods
  • Bound for Murder - Laura Childs
  • Bloodfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Faefever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Darkfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Under Her Skin - Susan Mallery
  • The Red Pyramid - Rick Riordan
  • No Wonder They Call Him Saviour - Max Lucado
  • I Still Dream About You - Fannie Flagg
  • I Am Number Four - Pittacus Lore
  • The Last Olympian - Rick Riordan
  • Spider Bones - Kathy Reichs
  • A Thread So Thin - Marie Bostwick
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth - Rick Riordan
  • The Search - Nora Roberts
  • The Titan's Curse - Rick Riordan
  • Wicked Appetite - Janet Evanovich
  • The Sea of Monsters - Rick Riordan
  • Awakened - PC & Kristen Cast
  • The Lightning Thief - Rick Riordan
  • Photo Finished - Larua Childs
  • Keepsake Crimes - Laura Childs
  • Sizzling Sixteen - Janet Evanovich
  • The Icing on the Cupcake - Jennifer Ross
  • Fleece Navidad - Maggie Sefton
  • Dyer Consequences - Maggie Sefton
  • The Darling Dahlias and the Cucumber Tree - Susan Wittig Albert
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning

Books Read in 2010

  • The Yada Yado Prayer Group - Netta Jackson
  • Silver Borne - Patricia Briggs
  • The Hole in Our Gospel - Richard Stearns
  • A Winter Marriage - Kerry Hardie
  • So Long, Insecurity - Beth Moore
  • Knit the Season - Kate Jacobs
  • Dead and Berried - Karen MacInerney
  • Murder on the Rocks - Karen MacInerney
  • where do i go - Netta Jackson
  • be sweet - diane hunt
  • The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown
  • Raven - Allison Van Deipen
  • Push (Precious) - sapphire
  • Faces of the Gone - Brad Parks
  • The Lace Reader - Brunonia Barry
  • Burning Lamp - Amanda Quick
  • Fired Up - Jayne Ann Krentz
  • The School of Essential Ingredients - Erica Bauermeister
  • Matters Arising - Sarah Harrison
  • The Sheen on the Silk - Anne Perry
  • I Saw the Lord - Anne Graham Lotz
  • The Dangerous Protector - Janet Chapman
  • The Seduction of His Wife - Janet Chapman
  • Re-reading all the Tintin graphic novels - Herge
  • The Sugar Queen - Sarah Addison Allen
  • the last time i saw you - Elizabeth Berg
  • Garden Spells - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Wild Ride - Jennifer Crusie & Bob Mayer
  • Dead in the Family - Charlaine Harris
  • The Girl Who Chased the Moon - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Grave Secret - Charlaine Harris
  • Crawl Space - Sarah Graves
  • The Honey Thief - Elizabeth Graver
  • The Otherworldlies - Jennifer Anne Kogler
  • Saving CeeCee Honeycutt - Beth Hoffman
  • A Face at the Window - Sarah Graves
  • Draycott Eternal - Christina Skye
  • Shelter Mountain - Robin Carr
  • Virgin River - Robyn Carr
  • Death by Cashmere - Sally Goldenbaum
  • An Ice Cold Grave - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Surprise - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Sight - Charlaine Harris