Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering Gods grace in its various forms.

1 Peter 4:9-10

Friday, August 29, 2008

The Final Insult

...of public transportation for my sister's return trip to Atlanta is this: having arrived at 10:30pm on Wednesday night she decided to call her roommate and let her know that she would be taking the subway to the school's closest exit. Her roommate agreed to pick her up there and take her back to their apartment. All good intentions, right? The subway broke down and she had to sit there for 20 min while they repaired whatever broke. She was so frustrated by the time she reached her apartment at around midnight that she had a little snack and went to bed. Her normal travel time had been doubled. I would have been a little frustrated myself! Poor kid. Anyway, she managed to make it to her first day of classes and called us last night to say how much she thinks she's going to enjoy her senior year. As usual she's packed all kinds of things into her days. On top of 5 classes for her two majors, Neuroscience & Behavioral Biology and French, she's got workstudy plus 2 5-hr shifts at the school's ER each week. Then she volunteers at an adult autism center for extra credit. Are you kidding me??? This girl is driven. She makes top grades, too! And she's worried about getting into medical school because she didn't do well on her MCAT's. I think she's going to do just fine. She may not get the school of her choice but she's on the right track to getting in. She's already been asked for secondary applications for several schools which means they looked more at her resume, references and transcripts than at her scores on her MCAT's. She's brilliant and will succeed!

I have finished the first of two panels for my crocheted market bag. I think it's going to need some starch to stand up. Bernat's handicrafter cotton is too soft to make the bag hold it's shape. Otherwise, it's turning out beautifully. The colorway, mayflower, is very pretty and the stitches are very simple. The whole bag is done in half double and double crochet. When the pieces are assembled I'll be using single crochet to sew them together. I took some pictures last night. This weekend I'm hoping to get the Moda Dea Bamboo Wool I need to make the wild man's turtle amigurumi. JoAnne's is having a sale so I'm going to use my coupon for 1/2 off. Maybe I'll get enough to make 2 animals. He likes elephants and dolphins, too. Hmm...


I'm enjoying a new shade of haircolor! I decided to go back to a light reddish brown. It seems to work best for my ever changing natural color and my skin tone. I've been blonde my whole life. Natural and bottle, every shade. Somehow, after having had my kids, my natural color has turned mousy with patches of gray. That just won't work! I don't mind wrinkles so much, since I really don't have any. TG! But the hair?? I have to color it. It turned out pretty and a little lighter than I expected. At least when it grows out some more my roots won't show!

Wild man is after me to go outside and play. I know I should and he needs to but my energy levels always peter out on Friday. He's wild and raring to go, too! I know I'm particularly boring today and I feel sorry for the little guy. Stuck inside with too much TV. Bad mommy, bad bad mommy.

I missed Obama's speech last night so I'm planning on trying to catch it on YouTube this afternoon while the wild man naps. I wanted to see it live but was too tired to stay up. I haven't even read the paper this morning because I want to see the speech first then read the analysts points of view. What an historic occasion!

Phew! Have to change the wild man's stinky diaper...another wonderful mommy job! Happy knitting y'all and have a safe and wonderful Labor Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books on Tap for 2011

  • Knit Together - Debbie Macomber
  • Captured by Grace - Dr. David Jeremiah
  • Murder Most Foul - A Collection of Great Crime Stories
  • Fireproof - Eric Wilson
  • There's Something About Christmas - Debbie Macomber
  • Questioning Evangelism - Randy Newman
  • Murder Uncorked - Michele Scott
  • A Sacred Sorrow - Michael Card
  • Prayer: Does it Make any Difference? - Philip Yancey
  • Get Out of That Pit - Beth Moore

Books Read in 2011

  • What a Sista Should Do - Tiffany L. Warren
  • 90 Minutes in Heaven - Don Piper
  • Forgotten God - Francis Chan
  • The Purpose Driven Life - Rick Warren
  • Dead Reckoning - Charlaine Harris
  • Shadowfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Chill Factor - Sandra Brown
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Wednesday Sisters - Meg Waite Clayton
  • Stealing Home - Sherryl Woods
  • Bound for Murder - Laura Childs
  • Bloodfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Faefever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Darkfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Under Her Skin - Susan Mallery
  • The Red Pyramid - Rick Riordan
  • No Wonder They Call Him Saviour - Max Lucado
  • I Still Dream About You - Fannie Flagg
  • I Am Number Four - Pittacus Lore
  • The Last Olympian - Rick Riordan
  • Spider Bones - Kathy Reichs
  • A Thread So Thin - Marie Bostwick
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth - Rick Riordan
  • The Search - Nora Roberts
  • The Titan's Curse - Rick Riordan
  • Wicked Appetite - Janet Evanovich
  • The Sea of Monsters - Rick Riordan
  • Awakened - PC & Kristen Cast
  • The Lightning Thief - Rick Riordan
  • Photo Finished - Larua Childs
  • Keepsake Crimes - Laura Childs
  • Sizzling Sixteen - Janet Evanovich
  • The Icing on the Cupcake - Jennifer Ross
  • Fleece Navidad - Maggie Sefton
  • Dyer Consequences - Maggie Sefton
  • The Darling Dahlias and the Cucumber Tree - Susan Wittig Albert
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning

Books Read in 2010

  • The Yada Yado Prayer Group - Netta Jackson
  • Silver Borne - Patricia Briggs
  • The Hole in Our Gospel - Richard Stearns
  • A Winter Marriage - Kerry Hardie
  • So Long, Insecurity - Beth Moore
  • Knit the Season - Kate Jacobs
  • Dead and Berried - Karen MacInerney
  • Murder on the Rocks - Karen MacInerney
  • where do i go - Netta Jackson
  • be sweet - diane hunt
  • The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown
  • Raven - Allison Van Deipen
  • Push (Precious) - sapphire
  • Faces of the Gone - Brad Parks
  • The Lace Reader - Brunonia Barry
  • Burning Lamp - Amanda Quick
  • Fired Up - Jayne Ann Krentz
  • The School of Essential Ingredients - Erica Bauermeister
  • Matters Arising - Sarah Harrison
  • The Sheen on the Silk - Anne Perry
  • I Saw the Lord - Anne Graham Lotz
  • The Dangerous Protector - Janet Chapman
  • The Seduction of His Wife - Janet Chapman
  • Re-reading all the Tintin graphic novels - Herge
  • The Sugar Queen - Sarah Addison Allen
  • the last time i saw you - Elizabeth Berg
  • Garden Spells - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Wild Ride - Jennifer Crusie & Bob Mayer
  • Dead in the Family - Charlaine Harris
  • The Girl Who Chased the Moon - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Grave Secret - Charlaine Harris
  • Crawl Space - Sarah Graves
  • The Honey Thief - Elizabeth Graver
  • The Otherworldlies - Jennifer Anne Kogler
  • Saving CeeCee Honeycutt - Beth Hoffman
  • A Face at the Window - Sarah Graves
  • Draycott Eternal - Christina Skye
  • Shelter Mountain - Robin Carr
  • Virgin River - Robyn Carr
  • Death by Cashmere - Sally Goldenbaum
  • An Ice Cold Grave - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Surprise - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Sight - Charlaine Harris