Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering Gods grace in its various forms.

1 Peter 4:9-10

Sunday, January 4, 2009

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...the sun is shining and it is a glorious day - though a wee bit chilly.

I am thinking...about knitting an iPod cozy for my new iPod. I don't want it getting scratched!

I am thankful for...a warm house, food in the fridge, clothes on my back, Internet access and, of course, my family.

From the kitchen...I'm thinking about making some hamburger stew, or a chili.

I am wearing...jeans, a yellow T-shirt and hand-knit socks. Toasty!

I am creating...not so much right now! I'm more into the thought process than the creative process at this point!

I am going...to sit in my comfy chair and contemplate what yarn to use for my iPod cozy.

I am reading...Secrets by Robin Jones Gunn

I am hoping...my little wild man will wake up happy from his nap.

I am hearing...my husband puttering around in the kitchen while he bakes a cake just for the fun of it.

Around the house...football is on TV, the dog and cat are sacked out on the couch with my sister, my Dad is relaxing in a chair with the remote, hubby is baking, the washer is running and I am blogging.

One of my favorite things...is Communion Sunday at our church. Today was also Baptism day! Four young men declared their faith and were dipped in the Baptismal today in front of all their families and friends. What a wonderful day!

A few plans for the rest of the week: knitting, knit night at the Library, a movie with my sister before she goes back to school, MOPs on Friday, reading, listening to podcasts on my iPod, taking care of my little wild man.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

This post is credited to: The Simple Womans Daybook
Many thanks!

I was going to post my thoughts on our Christmas. However, upon reflection, none of the thoughts would be positive so I have decided to leave it at that. With the exception of the Christmas the year our son died, this was the worst one we've ever had. Suffice to say, we will not be having the combined family Christmas party at our house again. I will be happy to continue to cook the main meal but it will be elsewhere. Now the subject is closed.

On a more positive note, here is a list of FO's and other notables:

FO's: 2 pairs of socks, a pair of felted moccasins and a hat. All started in Oct and finished for Christmas.
Sticks: the Palindrome scarf, never ending hubby sweater.
Hooks: a market bag
Frogged: easy baby blanket - absolutely hated the yarn.

Planned Projects for 2009:
iPod cozy
Swallowtail shawl
amigurumi turtle
more felted mocs
Malabrigo scarf OR Dimorphous mittens (unless I can afford more malabrigo - then I'll do both!)
felted tote
felted clutch
cloche
felted hat
more socks (would love to do a pair a month as a quirky goal - just not sure I'd stick with it).

Also new to me is Facebook! What a fantastic website! I've reconnected with many of my old classmates and I'm having loads of fun with all the quirky applications. It's really a big waste of time - also one of my guilty pleasures! I've been trying to limit myself and I know the newness will wear off...still I find myself checking it many times a day to see what my friends are up to. Alas, I'm afraid it has contributed the the lack of blogging. This will change! The blog is going to continue and I'm rededicating myself to it! My goal is to blog at least twice a week. I'm hoping more but then again, I know myself...it's that whole committment thing again! Anyway, between the wild man (who is doing great BTW), knitting, the blog, my iPod and Facebook, I'm going to be one busy bee!

I haven't mentioned this before but I happen to be a huge fan of British comedy. I have just (I'm a bit slow) discovered the wonderful world of the Vicar of Dibley and I am anxious to start watching more on YouTube or, better yet, buying the complete series! What a funny, funny show. I am also a new fan of CBC's Vinyl Cafe with Stuart McLean and our own Prairie Home Companion with Gerrison Keiler. Clean and very very funny. The kind of thing I'm happy to sit back in my recliner, close my eyes and soak in the humor. I highly recommend Googling them both!

So, with all that said, I'm pretty much caught up on what's been going on. I'm off to choose the yarn for my iPod cozy and maybe, if I have the time, sit down and begin a new book. Secrets by Robin Jones Gunn. Ahhhhh...lovely.

Be well and happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books on Tap for 2011

  • Knit Together - Debbie Macomber
  • Captured by Grace - Dr. David Jeremiah
  • Murder Most Foul - A Collection of Great Crime Stories
  • Fireproof - Eric Wilson
  • There's Something About Christmas - Debbie Macomber
  • Questioning Evangelism - Randy Newman
  • Murder Uncorked - Michele Scott
  • A Sacred Sorrow - Michael Card
  • Prayer: Does it Make any Difference? - Philip Yancey
  • Get Out of That Pit - Beth Moore

Books Read in 2011

  • What a Sista Should Do - Tiffany L. Warren
  • 90 Minutes in Heaven - Don Piper
  • Forgotten God - Francis Chan
  • The Purpose Driven Life - Rick Warren
  • Dead Reckoning - Charlaine Harris
  • Shadowfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Chill Factor - Sandra Brown
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Wednesday Sisters - Meg Waite Clayton
  • Stealing Home - Sherryl Woods
  • Bound for Murder - Laura Childs
  • Bloodfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Faefever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Darkfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Under Her Skin - Susan Mallery
  • The Red Pyramid - Rick Riordan
  • No Wonder They Call Him Saviour - Max Lucado
  • I Still Dream About You - Fannie Flagg
  • I Am Number Four - Pittacus Lore
  • The Last Olympian - Rick Riordan
  • Spider Bones - Kathy Reichs
  • A Thread So Thin - Marie Bostwick
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth - Rick Riordan
  • The Search - Nora Roberts
  • The Titan's Curse - Rick Riordan
  • Wicked Appetite - Janet Evanovich
  • The Sea of Monsters - Rick Riordan
  • Awakened - PC & Kristen Cast
  • The Lightning Thief - Rick Riordan
  • Photo Finished - Larua Childs
  • Keepsake Crimes - Laura Childs
  • Sizzling Sixteen - Janet Evanovich
  • The Icing on the Cupcake - Jennifer Ross
  • Fleece Navidad - Maggie Sefton
  • Dyer Consequences - Maggie Sefton
  • The Darling Dahlias and the Cucumber Tree - Susan Wittig Albert
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning

Books Read in 2010

  • The Yada Yado Prayer Group - Netta Jackson
  • Silver Borne - Patricia Briggs
  • The Hole in Our Gospel - Richard Stearns
  • A Winter Marriage - Kerry Hardie
  • So Long, Insecurity - Beth Moore
  • Knit the Season - Kate Jacobs
  • Dead and Berried - Karen MacInerney
  • Murder on the Rocks - Karen MacInerney
  • where do i go - Netta Jackson
  • be sweet - diane hunt
  • The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown
  • Raven - Allison Van Deipen
  • Push (Precious) - sapphire
  • Faces of the Gone - Brad Parks
  • The Lace Reader - Brunonia Barry
  • Burning Lamp - Amanda Quick
  • Fired Up - Jayne Ann Krentz
  • The School of Essential Ingredients - Erica Bauermeister
  • Matters Arising - Sarah Harrison
  • The Sheen on the Silk - Anne Perry
  • I Saw the Lord - Anne Graham Lotz
  • The Dangerous Protector - Janet Chapman
  • The Seduction of His Wife - Janet Chapman
  • Re-reading all the Tintin graphic novels - Herge
  • The Sugar Queen - Sarah Addison Allen
  • the last time i saw you - Elizabeth Berg
  • Garden Spells - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Wild Ride - Jennifer Crusie & Bob Mayer
  • Dead in the Family - Charlaine Harris
  • The Girl Who Chased the Moon - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Grave Secret - Charlaine Harris
  • Crawl Space - Sarah Graves
  • The Honey Thief - Elizabeth Graver
  • The Otherworldlies - Jennifer Anne Kogler
  • Saving CeeCee Honeycutt - Beth Hoffman
  • A Face at the Window - Sarah Graves
  • Draycott Eternal - Christina Skye
  • Shelter Mountain - Robin Carr
  • Virgin River - Robyn Carr
  • Death by Cashmere - Sally Goldenbaum
  • An Ice Cold Grave - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Surprise - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Sight - Charlaine Harris