Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering Gods grace in its various forms.

1 Peter 4:9-10

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

FOR TODAY ...

Outside My Window...it is again a lovely day. A bit more on the chillier side than yesterday but then again we are due for a pretty nasty storm overnight and into tomorrow. It figures as my sister is returning to school and leaves for the bus station at 8am in the morning. Her flight from Logan is around 1pm and who knows at this point if things will be on time. Poor kid, she always gets hit with a storm when she travels!

On a positive note, the wild man and I were able to get outside today and go for a long walk in the back yard. We did several laps, up and down hills, holding hands and laughing at the dog. It was wonderful. We are both in a much better mood when we are able to get some fresh air. All in all, we walked around for almost an hour. Good stuff!

I am thinking...how lucky I am that I have a happy child. For the most part he is charming, sensitive and very very funny! It's only during low moments when we have issues...but I think that is inherent in every toddler!

I am thankful for...my family - even my grumpy father. He is really a wonderful man, very kindhearted and giving. He's just been in a very bad mood for the last few years. Objectively? Can't really blame him, though it does not excuse his recent bad behavior. Although I suppose I would be grumpy too were I in the same situation!

From the kitchen...not much is going on right now. I am planning a yummy steak dinner for my sister's last night here. It's been marinating for almost 24 hours and should bake up deliciously! Not quite sure what to put with it as I'm really trying to limit my carb and sugar intake. Hard when you're the only one watching the food in the whole household!

I am wearing...blue jeans (of course), short-sleeved peasant tee with a lace trim at the bosom, white 3/4 sleeve cardigan - no shoes or socks.

I am creating...again, not much. The iPod cozy is long done and I have been contemplating my next creative project. Should I add a chapter or two to my book? or Which knitting project should I begin next - more socks or a felted tote? or Should I pick up the watercolors again? The desire is there, I'm ready to go, I just can't seem to make myself start another project just yet when I still have the never ending hubby sweater and the palindrome scarf to finish.

I am going...nowhere fast!

I am reading...Secrets by Robin Jones Gunn. A little slow but a nice story nonetheless.

I am hoping...the little man wakes up happy from his nap (a typical hope) and that I can exchange a pair of Thomas slippers his Memere' got him for a larger size without having to call her for the details. Not sure that will be able to happen...

I am hearing...water gurgling in the fish tank, the hum of my computer, and the sound of the keys on the keyboard clickity clacking as I type.

Around the house...things are fairly quiet. Wild man is napping. Sister is packing for her trip back to school and Dad is upstairs relaxing. He still has the remnents of the Shingles. I think it's part of what has made him so extra grumpy this last month. He still has a patch on this butt cheek that hasn't healed up and is still really really painful. So he relaxes on his bed and watches his shows or reads. It's hard for him to get comfortable.

One of my favorite things...sinking my hands into bins full of lovely, soft and colorful yarns.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Dinner for the family tonight then I'm off to Knit Night at the local library for a little while. Probably a late movie with my sister before I go to bed. Maybe a Mommy and Me movie tomorrow, The Tale of Despereaux, though I wonder if the wild man would like it. Nothing for Thursday. Friday is MOPs so the wild man will be able to play with some other little people his size. He's almost ready to transition out of the nursery! He's really too big to be in there now! We may spend the day with my MIL on Saturday and then it's church on Sunday. Saturday could include a visit with my FIL at his new place - not sure about that.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


Post courtesy of The Simple Woman's Daybook - many thanks!

Be safe, be well and happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books on Tap for 2011

  • Knit Together - Debbie Macomber
  • Captured by Grace - Dr. David Jeremiah
  • Murder Most Foul - A Collection of Great Crime Stories
  • Fireproof - Eric Wilson
  • There's Something About Christmas - Debbie Macomber
  • Questioning Evangelism - Randy Newman
  • Murder Uncorked - Michele Scott
  • A Sacred Sorrow - Michael Card
  • Prayer: Does it Make any Difference? - Philip Yancey
  • Get Out of That Pit - Beth Moore

Books Read in 2011

  • What a Sista Should Do - Tiffany L. Warren
  • 90 Minutes in Heaven - Don Piper
  • Forgotten God - Francis Chan
  • The Purpose Driven Life - Rick Warren
  • Dead Reckoning - Charlaine Harris
  • Shadowfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Chill Factor - Sandra Brown
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Wednesday Sisters - Meg Waite Clayton
  • Stealing Home - Sherryl Woods
  • Bound for Murder - Laura Childs
  • Bloodfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Faefever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Darkfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Under Her Skin - Susan Mallery
  • The Red Pyramid - Rick Riordan
  • No Wonder They Call Him Saviour - Max Lucado
  • I Still Dream About You - Fannie Flagg
  • I Am Number Four - Pittacus Lore
  • The Last Olympian - Rick Riordan
  • Spider Bones - Kathy Reichs
  • A Thread So Thin - Marie Bostwick
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth - Rick Riordan
  • The Search - Nora Roberts
  • The Titan's Curse - Rick Riordan
  • Wicked Appetite - Janet Evanovich
  • The Sea of Monsters - Rick Riordan
  • Awakened - PC & Kristen Cast
  • The Lightning Thief - Rick Riordan
  • Photo Finished - Larua Childs
  • Keepsake Crimes - Laura Childs
  • Sizzling Sixteen - Janet Evanovich
  • The Icing on the Cupcake - Jennifer Ross
  • Fleece Navidad - Maggie Sefton
  • Dyer Consequences - Maggie Sefton
  • The Darling Dahlias and the Cucumber Tree - Susan Wittig Albert
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning

Books Read in 2010

  • The Yada Yado Prayer Group - Netta Jackson
  • Silver Borne - Patricia Briggs
  • The Hole in Our Gospel - Richard Stearns
  • A Winter Marriage - Kerry Hardie
  • So Long, Insecurity - Beth Moore
  • Knit the Season - Kate Jacobs
  • Dead and Berried - Karen MacInerney
  • Murder on the Rocks - Karen MacInerney
  • where do i go - Netta Jackson
  • be sweet - diane hunt
  • The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown
  • Raven - Allison Van Deipen
  • Push (Precious) - sapphire
  • Faces of the Gone - Brad Parks
  • The Lace Reader - Brunonia Barry
  • Burning Lamp - Amanda Quick
  • Fired Up - Jayne Ann Krentz
  • The School of Essential Ingredients - Erica Bauermeister
  • Matters Arising - Sarah Harrison
  • The Sheen on the Silk - Anne Perry
  • I Saw the Lord - Anne Graham Lotz
  • The Dangerous Protector - Janet Chapman
  • The Seduction of His Wife - Janet Chapman
  • Re-reading all the Tintin graphic novels - Herge
  • The Sugar Queen - Sarah Addison Allen
  • the last time i saw you - Elizabeth Berg
  • Garden Spells - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Wild Ride - Jennifer Crusie & Bob Mayer
  • Dead in the Family - Charlaine Harris
  • The Girl Who Chased the Moon - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Grave Secret - Charlaine Harris
  • Crawl Space - Sarah Graves
  • The Honey Thief - Elizabeth Graver
  • The Otherworldlies - Jennifer Anne Kogler
  • Saving CeeCee Honeycutt - Beth Hoffman
  • A Face at the Window - Sarah Graves
  • Draycott Eternal - Christina Skye
  • Shelter Mountain - Robin Carr
  • Virgin River - Robyn Carr
  • Death by Cashmere - Sally Goldenbaum
  • An Ice Cold Grave - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Surprise - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Sight - Charlaine Harris