Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering Gods grace in its various forms.

1 Peter 4:9-10

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Finished

I finished the felted bag last week and I'm now just getting around to posting. This sweet little bag was so easy to make and the felting process was very easy, too. I wasn't sure how it would all work in my HE front loader. I put the finished bag in the washer with a couple pairs of jeans. I set the washer to the hottest wash cycle with a little bit of Tide detergent and let it run for 10 min. I checked the bag and it was felting nicely. Then I let it run for another 10 min. It was the perfect size but dripping! Even though I had read cautionary tales about letting the finished product go through a spin cycle (it could be permanent creases in the felt), I figured I had to give it a try. So I put it on the rinse and spin (I kept the jeans in the spin cycle, too) and after it went through it's complete cycle I took the bag out. It was beautiful! And mostly dry. It only took some shaping and I let it finish its drying on a towel for 24 hrs. See for yourselves!


I also made a beautiful hat for my best girlfriend but neglected to take a picture of the finished hat. I'm hoping she'll take a picture of it or of her wearing it so I can post it here and on my Ravelry page. Here's a picture of it still on the circulars:

It was a beautiful little rolled brim hat design on 16" size 15 circulars. I also frogged a sweater vest I started years ago with Noro Silk Garden and now I have a mess of Silk Garden. I'm going to ball it up, somehow, and put it to good use on another project. I have about 4 or 5 skeins altogether.

So that's what I've been up to with my knitting this past week. I'm really tempted to start on my socks. I'm just afraid that they'll take so long to knit up that I'll lose interest!

McD's has been fun. My hours were so messed up last week that none of the evening managers knew when I'd be in. This week will be better. Thurs and Fri weren't very busy and I spent a lot of my time running for drive thru, stocking and making fries. Sat night was steady busy all night! I like being busy better than just standing around. Plus we had a really good crew on that night. The people on assembly and grill were fast and efficient and aside from waiting for some really big orders the food went out quickly. Drive thru was backed up for a while. A lot of people love McD's! There are several couples amongst the employees and I guess it's pretty common for the crew to hook up with each other. They also love to gossip! It's fun, though. I love to listen to what's going on. Since I don't know anyone, I don't have anything to offer to the conversations and I feel pretty safe to say that I don't have an opinion one way or another. So I just listen. It's interesting being around a bunch of 17 yr olds! The manager had expressed an interest in getting me into management. I don't even want to think about that at this point. Since I can't afford daycare and don't really care to put Nate in one anyway, making a committment to learning all the shifts just won't work for me. So for now they'll have to be content to have me as crew. I'm not looking for anything full time until Nate goes to school. Then we'll see.

Hubby has been really sick for the last two weeks. I told him if he's not better by the end of the week he's going to have to go see a Dr. He swears it's just a cold he can't kick because he's so exhausted. I agree that he's tired and it can slow down the healing process but I'm starting to worry about him. He's never sick and when he is, it's only for 2 to 3 days tops. I don't want it to be something more serious, like pneumonia or something.

LD has been a very busy little guy. He's been running non stop. We went to visit my FIL at his new home (new assisted living center) and it's much better than where he was. Nate loved the long carpeted hallways and the huge activity room! He zoomed about for several hours! He needed to let off some steam! We caught him the other day sitting on the recliner with his favorite pet, Dolomite. Dolo was a little disgusted by the whole thing but he decided to be tolerant of his little buddy. For once his fur was being stroked instead of yanked!


Gotta run! Ciao and Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books on Tap for 2011

  • Knit Together - Debbie Macomber
  • Captured by Grace - Dr. David Jeremiah
  • Murder Most Foul - A Collection of Great Crime Stories
  • Fireproof - Eric Wilson
  • There's Something About Christmas - Debbie Macomber
  • Questioning Evangelism - Randy Newman
  • Murder Uncorked - Michele Scott
  • A Sacred Sorrow - Michael Card
  • Prayer: Does it Make any Difference? - Philip Yancey
  • Get Out of That Pit - Beth Moore

Books Read in 2011

  • What a Sista Should Do - Tiffany L. Warren
  • 90 Minutes in Heaven - Don Piper
  • Forgotten God - Francis Chan
  • The Purpose Driven Life - Rick Warren
  • Dead Reckoning - Charlaine Harris
  • Shadowfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Chill Factor - Sandra Brown
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Wednesday Sisters - Meg Waite Clayton
  • Stealing Home - Sherryl Woods
  • Bound for Murder - Laura Childs
  • Bloodfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Faefever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Darkfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Under Her Skin - Susan Mallery
  • The Red Pyramid - Rick Riordan
  • No Wonder They Call Him Saviour - Max Lucado
  • I Still Dream About You - Fannie Flagg
  • I Am Number Four - Pittacus Lore
  • The Last Olympian - Rick Riordan
  • Spider Bones - Kathy Reichs
  • A Thread So Thin - Marie Bostwick
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth - Rick Riordan
  • The Search - Nora Roberts
  • The Titan's Curse - Rick Riordan
  • Wicked Appetite - Janet Evanovich
  • The Sea of Monsters - Rick Riordan
  • Awakened - PC & Kristen Cast
  • The Lightning Thief - Rick Riordan
  • Photo Finished - Larua Childs
  • Keepsake Crimes - Laura Childs
  • Sizzling Sixteen - Janet Evanovich
  • The Icing on the Cupcake - Jennifer Ross
  • Fleece Navidad - Maggie Sefton
  • Dyer Consequences - Maggie Sefton
  • The Darling Dahlias and the Cucumber Tree - Susan Wittig Albert
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning

Books Read in 2010

  • The Yada Yado Prayer Group - Netta Jackson
  • Silver Borne - Patricia Briggs
  • The Hole in Our Gospel - Richard Stearns
  • A Winter Marriage - Kerry Hardie
  • So Long, Insecurity - Beth Moore
  • Knit the Season - Kate Jacobs
  • Dead and Berried - Karen MacInerney
  • Murder on the Rocks - Karen MacInerney
  • where do i go - Netta Jackson
  • be sweet - diane hunt
  • The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown
  • Raven - Allison Van Deipen
  • Push (Precious) - sapphire
  • Faces of the Gone - Brad Parks
  • The Lace Reader - Brunonia Barry
  • Burning Lamp - Amanda Quick
  • Fired Up - Jayne Ann Krentz
  • The School of Essential Ingredients - Erica Bauermeister
  • Matters Arising - Sarah Harrison
  • The Sheen on the Silk - Anne Perry
  • I Saw the Lord - Anne Graham Lotz
  • The Dangerous Protector - Janet Chapman
  • The Seduction of His Wife - Janet Chapman
  • Re-reading all the Tintin graphic novels - Herge
  • The Sugar Queen - Sarah Addison Allen
  • the last time i saw you - Elizabeth Berg
  • Garden Spells - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Wild Ride - Jennifer Crusie & Bob Mayer
  • Dead in the Family - Charlaine Harris
  • The Girl Who Chased the Moon - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Grave Secret - Charlaine Harris
  • Crawl Space - Sarah Graves
  • The Honey Thief - Elizabeth Graver
  • The Otherworldlies - Jennifer Anne Kogler
  • Saving CeeCee Honeycutt - Beth Hoffman
  • A Face at the Window - Sarah Graves
  • Draycott Eternal - Christina Skye
  • Shelter Mountain - Robin Carr
  • Virgin River - Robyn Carr
  • Death by Cashmere - Sally Goldenbaum
  • An Ice Cold Grave - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Surprise - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Sight - Charlaine Harris