Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering Gods grace in its various forms.

1 Peter 4:9-10

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Playing Catch up

I've been busy working on a new project lately. I decided to do another tam. This one is in a nondescript brown wool that someone had given me a long time ago. It's working out pretty well. I stuck to the original pattern directions and I'm anxious to see how it ends up. I'm planning on doing another one soon in Moda Dea. I'm going to work my way up to a Fair Isles pattern. I think they are just beautiful.

I've also been trying to inventory my stash. Ravelry has been awesome! They have some really fantastic tools to keep things organized. So I've written down everything I have in my stash and now I need to photograph the nicer yarns and get them posted on my page. I'm trying to keep track of my finished work and my WIP's, and what I have for needles, too. They have a spreadsheet that will allow me to do that! Also they have a great section for projects that I would like to try. I can keep them separate and when I'm ready move them to the WIP section. I highly recommend their site. You can find anything you need there and get just about any question answered on their forum.

LD has been wonderful lately. He's so affectionate and he's been learning to hug. He now gives everyone bear hugs! I love that kid! At the same time, he's been getting into absolutely everything. His favorite thing to piss off Mummy is opening and slamming closed his drawers. He also takes everything out of his PJ drawer, not any other one, just his PJ's.



I've been feeling a little less anxious lately. I don't know if it's just the calm before the storm or if I really do feel better. I was validated today by another mom. She's a lady from my MOPs group. We're having a ladies night tomorrow night and I'm really looking forward to it. She was telling me about being on several different medications for her anxiety and depression. She told me her breaking point was just after her fourth boy was born and she was helping her father take care of her dying mother. She was at the Dr's office crying and hysterical saying how overwhelmed she felt with it all. She told me there is nothing wrong with needing some medication to help me get through the day. She also recommended I see a therapist. She said she had a good one to help her learn some coping mechanisms. The therapist I saw was terrible. She already had a preconceived notion before I even walked through her door. I should have gone to see someone else but I have a hard time even admitting that I need help. All I know is I don't want to depend on medication for the rest of my life so I guess I'll have to just suck it up and find someone I can talk to.

We're heading off to see some friends on Saturday after LD wakes up from his nap. We're really looking forward to it! I've known him as long as I've known Hubby and he's such a great guy! His wife is wonderful, too, and I'm looking forward to getting to know her better. He's Hubby's oldest and closest friend - they've known each other for over 30 years! We've helped him through a lot in the last 14 years, a broken marriage, his kids, finding his second wife. He's spent many nights crashed on our couch! Anyway, they are very special to us and it's always fun when we can spend some time with them!

Off to spend some quality time with Hubby (and knit of course)!

Ciao and Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books on Tap for 2011

  • Knit Together - Debbie Macomber
  • Captured by Grace - Dr. David Jeremiah
  • Murder Most Foul - A Collection of Great Crime Stories
  • Fireproof - Eric Wilson
  • There's Something About Christmas - Debbie Macomber
  • Questioning Evangelism - Randy Newman
  • Murder Uncorked - Michele Scott
  • A Sacred Sorrow - Michael Card
  • Prayer: Does it Make any Difference? - Philip Yancey
  • Get Out of That Pit - Beth Moore

Books Read in 2011

  • What a Sista Should Do - Tiffany L. Warren
  • 90 Minutes in Heaven - Don Piper
  • Forgotten God - Francis Chan
  • The Purpose Driven Life - Rick Warren
  • Dead Reckoning - Charlaine Harris
  • Shadowfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Chill Factor - Sandra Brown
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Wednesday Sisters - Meg Waite Clayton
  • Stealing Home - Sherryl Woods
  • Bound for Murder - Laura Childs
  • Bloodfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Faefever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Darkfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Under Her Skin - Susan Mallery
  • The Red Pyramid - Rick Riordan
  • No Wonder They Call Him Saviour - Max Lucado
  • I Still Dream About You - Fannie Flagg
  • I Am Number Four - Pittacus Lore
  • The Last Olympian - Rick Riordan
  • Spider Bones - Kathy Reichs
  • A Thread So Thin - Marie Bostwick
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth - Rick Riordan
  • The Search - Nora Roberts
  • The Titan's Curse - Rick Riordan
  • Wicked Appetite - Janet Evanovich
  • The Sea of Monsters - Rick Riordan
  • Awakened - PC & Kristen Cast
  • The Lightning Thief - Rick Riordan
  • Photo Finished - Larua Childs
  • Keepsake Crimes - Laura Childs
  • Sizzling Sixteen - Janet Evanovich
  • The Icing on the Cupcake - Jennifer Ross
  • Fleece Navidad - Maggie Sefton
  • Dyer Consequences - Maggie Sefton
  • The Darling Dahlias and the Cucumber Tree - Susan Wittig Albert
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning

Books Read in 2010

  • The Yada Yado Prayer Group - Netta Jackson
  • Silver Borne - Patricia Briggs
  • The Hole in Our Gospel - Richard Stearns
  • A Winter Marriage - Kerry Hardie
  • So Long, Insecurity - Beth Moore
  • Knit the Season - Kate Jacobs
  • Dead and Berried - Karen MacInerney
  • Murder on the Rocks - Karen MacInerney
  • where do i go - Netta Jackson
  • be sweet - diane hunt
  • The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown
  • Raven - Allison Van Deipen
  • Push (Precious) - sapphire
  • Faces of the Gone - Brad Parks
  • The Lace Reader - Brunonia Barry
  • Burning Lamp - Amanda Quick
  • Fired Up - Jayne Ann Krentz
  • The School of Essential Ingredients - Erica Bauermeister
  • Matters Arising - Sarah Harrison
  • The Sheen on the Silk - Anne Perry
  • I Saw the Lord - Anne Graham Lotz
  • The Dangerous Protector - Janet Chapman
  • The Seduction of His Wife - Janet Chapman
  • Re-reading all the Tintin graphic novels - Herge
  • The Sugar Queen - Sarah Addison Allen
  • the last time i saw you - Elizabeth Berg
  • Garden Spells - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Wild Ride - Jennifer Crusie & Bob Mayer
  • Dead in the Family - Charlaine Harris
  • The Girl Who Chased the Moon - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Grave Secret - Charlaine Harris
  • Crawl Space - Sarah Graves
  • The Honey Thief - Elizabeth Graver
  • The Otherworldlies - Jennifer Anne Kogler
  • Saving CeeCee Honeycutt - Beth Hoffman
  • A Face at the Window - Sarah Graves
  • Draycott Eternal - Christina Skye
  • Shelter Mountain - Robin Carr
  • Virgin River - Robyn Carr
  • Death by Cashmere - Sally Goldenbaum
  • An Ice Cold Grave - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Surprise - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Sight - Charlaine Harris