Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering Gods grace in its various forms.

1 Peter 4:9-10

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Burn Notice

Ok, how come no one told me about USA's Burn Notice? I mean, come on! It's right up my alley, smoking hot Jeffrey Donovan, super sultry Gabrielle Anwar and how can you go wrong casting Bruce Campbell in anything?! I've been watching season one on Hulu and I absolutely love it! Great action, even better scripting and Bruce Campbell's, Sam, is hilarious. I think it's right up there with TNT's The Closer and Saving Grace. In Plain Sight's, Mary, is not quite as good as Grace, at least not yet. As far as I'm concerned the jury is still out on that one. I mean, Holly Hunter's Grace embodies the bad girl right down to the wild hair, cigarette smoking, hard drinking and gravelly voice. Mary McCormack's character seems to be trying too hard and is just a little too sweet. And you know, her voice bothers me. Anyway...after four episodes of Burn Notice, I'm hooked. If I can get all 12 epi's done by July 10th, I'll be happy. That's when the new season comes out. I'm really looking forward to TNT and USA this summer!

I'm starting to hate my computer. I built the thing in 2004 and at the time it was all state of the art. I've upgraded it some since but now I'm starting to think that I need to completely rebuild it. First of all, and I never thought I'd say this, 80 gig is simply not a lot of memory these days! I also need a faster chip and a way more USB ports. I can only install so many cards. It would be sweet to get a new video card, too, one that can handle HDTV so I can really get some good use out of my 21" HD LCD monitor. The problem is $$$$. Being a stay at home mom just doesn't pay in dollars! Ah, well, you know that old saying, "you can wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one weighs more." Crude, yet true!! Ha ha ha!

I've starting planning for LD's 2nd birthday party. It's just going to be family and some friends. I'm hoping for a nice day so we can have everyone outside. In any case, we're thinking about renting a nice tent just in case. We could use it for shade if it happens to turn out sunny. We've just built a nice outdoor fireplace on the hill beside our garage. All we need is some grating and wood and we're good to go! (As long as it stops raining for a while). Anyway, I've got some Diego themed plates and decorations. LD is HUGE into Diego and Doro right now. He absolutely loves animals. If we go anywhere in the car, I just pop in a Diego video and he's good as gold. Probably not the best parenting option but what can I say? It works and keeps everybody happy. My menu for the party is going to be pretty simple, just typical bbq stuff. Burgers, dogs, macaroni and potato salads, chips and dip, etc. The only thing I need to order is the cake. I'm going to do it in the next week or so. It will be Diego, of course! I also need balloons and stuff - but, I'll hit up the dollar store in town for that. My invites are out and I'm just waiting on the RSVP's to see who can make it. It should be really fun!

My book reading spree is almost done, I can feel it. I'm not so ravenous to soak up the next novel on my shelf. I've also been routing around in my knitting bag and wondering which pair of socks I'm going to knit next and am I going to do any fancy stitching. So in the near future I'm sure I'll be happily knitting away again. If I could knit and read I'd be on Cloud 9.

So far it's another boring day for LD. We went to the park again this morning and he didn't want anything to do with playing on the playground gym. He just wanted to run - so I let him. He ran a lot! He tuckered himself out a little but seemed to be ready for his nap when the time came. I just wish the weather was better in the afternoon but it's clouding up again. I wanted to take him up to the little beach on the lake and go for a swim. Doesn't look like that will happen. In any case, it's a little too chilly for swimming.

Grampa is hard at work on the back of the house. We've been vinyl siding the house bit by bit and now it's the back's turn. I wish he'd done the side first but he wouldn't be able to reach it! The side of the house has a daylight basement and we would need scaffolding to start siding it. And, the back is in more desperate shape right now. What am I saying? The whole house is in desperate shape!

Well, I'll be signing off now. I can hear little peeps of activity coming from the monitor to LD's room. Take care and have a great hump day!

Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books on Tap for 2011

  • Knit Together - Debbie Macomber
  • Captured by Grace - Dr. David Jeremiah
  • Murder Most Foul - A Collection of Great Crime Stories
  • Fireproof - Eric Wilson
  • There's Something About Christmas - Debbie Macomber
  • Questioning Evangelism - Randy Newman
  • Murder Uncorked - Michele Scott
  • A Sacred Sorrow - Michael Card
  • Prayer: Does it Make any Difference? - Philip Yancey
  • Get Out of That Pit - Beth Moore

Books Read in 2011

  • What a Sista Should Do - Tiffany L. Warren
  • 90 Minutes in Heaven - Don Piper
  • Forgotten God - Francis Chan
  • The Purpose Driven Life - Rick Warren
  • Dead Reckoning - Charlaine Harris
  • Shadowfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Chill Factor - Sandra Brown
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Wednesday Sisters - Meg Waite Clayton
  • Stealing Home - Sherryl Woods
  • Bound for Murder - Laura Childs
  • Bloodfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Faefever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Darkfever - Karen Marie Moning
  • Under Her Skin - Susan Mallery
  • The Red Pyramid - Rick Riordan
  • No Wonder They Call Him Saviour - Max Lucado
  • I Still Dream About You - Fannie Flagg
  • I Am Number Four - Pittacus Lore
  • The Last Olympian - Rick Riordan
  • Spider Bones - Kathy Reichs
  • A Thread So Thin - Marie Bostwick
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth - Rick Riordan
  • The Search - Nora Roberts
  • The Titan's Curse - Rick Riordan
  • Wicked Appetite - Janet Evanovich
  • The Sea of Monsters - Rick Riordan
  • Awakened - PC & Kristen Cast
  • The Lightning Thief - Rick Riordan
  • Photo Finished - Larua Childs
  • Keepsake Crimes - Laura Childs
  • Sizzling Sixteen - Janet Evanovich
  • The Icing on the Cupcake - Jennifer Ross
  • Fleece Navidad - Maggie Sefton
  • Dyer Consequences - Maggie Sefton
  • The Darling Dahlias and the Cucumber Tree - Susan Wittig Albert
  • Heaven Has a Blue Carpet - Sharon Niedzinski
  • Dreamfever - Karen Marie Moning

Books Read in 2010

  • The Yada Yado Prayer Group - Netta Jackson
  • Silver Borne - Patricia Briggs
  • The Hole in Our Gospel - Richard Stearns
  • A Winter Marriage - Kerry Hardie
  • So Long, Insecurity - Beth Moore
  • Knit the Season - Kate Jacobs
  • Dead and Berried - Karen MacInerney
  • Murder on the Rocks - Karen MacInerney
  • where do i go - Netta Jackson
  • be sweet - diane hunt
  • The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown
  • Raven - Allison Van Deipen
  • Push (Precious) - sapphire
  • Faces of the Gone - Brad Parks
  • The Lace Reader - Brunonia Barry
  • Burning Lamp - Amanda Quick
  • Fired Up - Jayne Ann Krentz
  • The School of Essential Ingredients - Erica Bauermeister
  • Matters Arising - Sarah Harrison
  • The Sheen on the Silk - Anne Perry
  • I Saw the Lord - Anne Graham Lotz
  • The Dangerous Protector - Janet Chapman
  • The Seduction of His Wife - Janet Chapman
  • Re-reading all the Tintin graphic novels - Herge
  • The Sugar Queen - Sarah Addison Allen
  • the last time i saw you - Elizabeth Berg
  • Garden Spells - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Wild Ride - Jennifer Crusie & Bob Mayer
  • Dead in the Family - Charlaine Harris
  • The Girl Who Chased the Moon - Sarah Addison Allen
  • Grave Secret - Charlaine Harris
  • Crawl Space - Sarah Graves
  • The Honey Thief - Elizabeth Graver
  • The Otherworldlies - Jennifer Anne Kogler
  • Saving CeeCee Honeycutt - Beth Hoffman
  • A Face at the Window - Sarah Graves
  • Draycott Eternal - Christina Skye
  • Shelter Mountain - Robin Carr
  • Virgin River - Robyn Carr
  • Death by Cashmere - Sally Goldenbaum
  • An Ice Cold Grave - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Surprise - Charlaine Harris
  • Grave Sight - Charlaine Harris